A Few from Prince William Sound

Real Name
Dan
During the summer we spend a good bit of time on our boat on Prince William Sound. Here are a few random landscape shots from this past summer.

1) I'm always intrigued by how tree covered these rocky little islets can be.
p3932076977-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Here's a cell phone shot taken on a hike that provides context for the image above. The islet above is dead center in this shot. Our boat is visible right of center.
p3932076974-6.jpg

3) Unfortunately this past summer the weather looked like this more often than not. We've been spoiled the past two or three years with unusually dry summers out there.
p3977979935-6.jpg

4) But without any clouds you can't wake up to this sort of morning and without the rain you don't appreciate them nearly as much.
p3932076996-6.jpg

5) There are hundreds of these small tidewater creeks that are so colorful at low tide.
p4063300126-6.jpg

6) The upper end where it comes out of the forest just looks like any other creek.
p3977979914-6.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Simply a splendid set of images!!!! Excellent landscapes! #1 ,4 and 6 have a nice painterly feel to them. I know what you mean about rainy summers....that was certainly true when we were there!

Real Name
Dan
This is such a beautiful sequence of images. You have presented this really well.
Thanks, Walter.
When I see reference to Prince William Sound in the thread's title, I automatically know it's your thread and I know it's gonna be a great set of images. This collection is no exception. Very well done, as always!
Thanks, Mike. Much appreciated.
Just gorgous
Thanks, Mark. It is a beautiful place.
Breathtaking country. Another, wish I was there post.Beautifully captured.
Thanks, Bob. Google says it's only 5013km/55hrs driving from Thunder Bay to Valdez :D

Real Name
Dan
Simply a splendid set of images!!!! Excellent landscapes! #1 ,4 and 6 have a nice painterly feel to them. I know what you mean about rainy summers....that was certainly true when we were there!
Thanks, Karen. I've been working on the landscapes. Still doesn't come naturally but I'm shooting.
Beautiful series. My favorite is 4 for the red reflection.
Thanks, Allan. That was a pretty good backdrop for morning coffee.
It's one of the places on my wishlist. These photos only increase my wishes to visit there. It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.
Come on up, Terri. Time's a wasting.
So beautiful!
Thanks for commenting, Lyndee Loo.

Real Name
Dan
Really stunning set. Alaska remains on our "someday" list.
Thanks for commenting, Ken. Hope you can make it some day. There's a lot of natural beauty up here.
Beautiful set! Many years ago I took a day cruise out of Valdez. I think that trip was close to the Prince William Sound. We had nice weather and the scenery is memorable to this day.
Thanks, Glenn. Yes if you took a cruise out of Valdez you were on PWS. The bay(fjord) that Valdez is located on is part of the sound.

When I watch your landscape images I feel myself as if I'm there in the image Dan. Thanks for giving me this feeling with your images. All lovely!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom