1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few from Saturday (Girls LAX)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I shot a LAX tournament yesterday it consisted of both boys and girls. I shot 4 girls games in the AM and then over to the boys field in the afternoon for 12 halves of shooting. I took today off my first day off in about a month for some well needed rest got a lot of things done hung out with the family to make sure they still know who I am and finally got down to sit down with a nice cocktail and processed a few pictures.
    All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. very nice Mike. Glad you got the day off today!

3. Mike, these are superb. You really know how to make that D2x/ 300 2.8 combo sing.

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Mike you continue to set the bar pretty HIGH. These photos are excelent. I like the girl with the big hair. :tongue:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well it is about time you took a day off:>)))
    Thanks for the call.

Pictures are great

I was out shooting with Robin and Nancy.
    I couldn't shoot crap. Or should I say all my shots were garbage. Just totally off today.
    Been to busy and to tired I guess

6. Wow, again. All these are great, but I also love the one of the girl with the BIG HAIR! You got it bounced up and flowing too, great!

7. outstanding Mike, you sure got a workout!

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I sound like a broken record, but...

Simply Outstanding...Mike!!!

What else can I say??

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike, when I first opened your thread, the first thing that came to mind was how perfectly you handled the harsh sunlight. Aside from your trademark shooting style, your ability to manage exposure settings is absolutely remarkable. I sit here and just stare at the consistant quality that you bring each and every time. I'm looking forward to your football shots.....:smile:

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    your Sportstrait work is the best I have ever seen anywhere.....u are the master of showing faces

11. Outstanding photography. But those teeth guards sure don't make them look any prettier!

12. I know someone said this before but it is so true. You do an unreal job of capturing both great action and facial expressions which IMO is the key to a great sports shot. Tight crops, unobtrusive backgrounds and great lighting and color help and you usually nail those too! Your GOOD!

13. Jim
    You are so right and we were hesitant to shoot a all girls tournament earlier in the spring but we did and the two day tournament netted about 9,000.00 in sales so we were pleasently suprised

14. Thanks so much I appreciate the kind words I have had the privilege of shooting along side some very talented folks who have shared there knowledge which has helped more than I can say

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.