A few from Springfield, Illinois...

I stopped by Springfield, Illinois and captured a few photos with my D700 during the visit:

1- The Old State Capitol (the building in which Abraham Lincoln served)
p779825439-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2- The "New" State Capitol (just after Lincoln's time)
p84641634-5.jpg

3- The Inner Dome of the Capitol
p933130990-5.jpg

4- Inner Dome II
p1030554894-5.jpg

5- Lincoln Home
p1003610373-5.jpg

6- Lincoln Tomb
p42316669-5.jpg

7- Lincoln Burial Site
p647260387-5.jpg

8- My Niece & Abe
p846474461-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Thanks for sharing Glenn. Really nice pictures. Love the last one, reminds me of my daughter when she was about that age.
Two questions:
1) Is there anything else as 'Lincoln' in Springfield, Illinois :wink:
2) Is the second picture a little bit tilted? (clock wise)

Thanks for sharing Glenn. Really nice pictures. Love the last one, reminds me of my daughter when she was about that age.
Two questions:
1) Is there anything else as 'Lincoln' in Springfield, Illinois :wink:
2) Is the second picture a little bit tilted? (clock wise)
Thanks Rob

There are an amazing amount of Lincoln sites in Springfield. In addition to the Lincoln Home (which also includes the entire neighborhood as it was back in his times), there's the Lincoln Tomb, the Old Capitol, his Law Offices, and the Train Depot (where he departed for Washington DC). We also visited the Lincoln Museum--which was an incredible experience.

I used the straightening tool within NX2 and drew it right through the flag pole and the Capitol building. It's possible that the building is still tilted, but I attempted to straighten it according to my eye and the straightening tool. Any other comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Glenn

Awesome images as usual Glenn. The sharpness and colors are just wonderful. Which lenses did you use for this shoot? I agree with some of the earlier posters that images #2 and #6 are definitely tilted slightly to the right.

Awesome images as usual Glenn. The sharpness and colors are just wonderful. Which lenses did you use for this shoot? I agree with some of the earlier posters that images #2 and #6 are definitely tilted slightly to the right.
Thanks Shekhar...

I'm going to go back and straighten #2 and #6 again. I didn't notice the tilt before.

I used the 24-70 for most of the shots and the 70-200 for the inner dome shots.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Nigel,
I think I see the 'tilt':
The building is straight, but the tops of the row of iron posts before it not. That line is tilted.
The two together seems to confuse the eye????

Great series! All very nice shots. I like the processing on #7. I have been watching a program that I recorded on the History Channel about Lincoln, so these pictures were well timed!:smile:

Great shots Glenn!

I used to work at the Capital there. That was back before they had cleaned the glass above the rotunda. It may be dim now but the glass was dingy back then. Quite spectacular now in your photos. I would have loved to see pics from the Dana Thomas House. The Frank Lloyd Wright architecture is amazing and the stained glass impressive.

Steve

Great shots Glenn!

I used to work at the Capital there. That was back before they had cleaned the glass above the rotunda. It may be dim now but the glass was dingy back then. Quite spectacular now in your photos. I would have loved to see pics from the Dana Thomas House. The Frank Lloyd Wright architecture is amazing and the stained glass impressive.

Steve
Thanks Steve...

I was on a vacation with the family---and it wasn't really a photo trip. I need to get back to Springfield for a day on my own so that I can concentrate on getting photographs. There's so much to shoot there!

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom