A few from the Anime convention

I posted the first series in the other people forum, in retrospect I believe these belong here, I spent time composing lighting and processing like I woudl any formal shots, I could be wrong but I am going to post them here if I am mistaken just let me know and I will move them.
I am still amazed at what I saw at the Anime convention I saw in Baltimore on Sunday, while driving my son and friends there I was wondering what I would do all day turns out they had to drag me out. Thousand of people in soem very elaborate costumes all willing to pose
All shots with the D3 and the 70-200 or 28-70 with SB800 flash. I processed these to give the pictures to match the theme.
Thanks for looking
photo.php
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, I too think they belong here. That must have been some convention and looks like a lot of fun. I think you did a great job on these both from the standpoint of taking the image but also with your post processing. Interestingly enough the two guy pictures are among the best IMO. I also like the one of the girl with the spear, her red hair just jumps out at you. Well done my friend.

Mike,
I was going to say something about red-eye in a couple of these, but after a second thought I am pretty sure they are supposed to be that way.
Completely wild and off the wall. Future generations will remember weird Boomers for starting it all with Star Trek conventions.
Well done
David

Hi Mike, I too think they belong here. That must have been some convention and looks like a lot of fun. I think you did a great job on these both from the standpoint of taking the image but also with your post processing. Interestingly enough the two guy pictures are among the best IMO. I also like the one of the girl with the spear, her red hair just jumps out at you. Well done my friend.
Thanks Gordon I appreciate you takign the time to comment.
Mike,
I was going to say something about red-eye in a couple of these, but after a second thought I am pretty sure they are supposed to be that way.
Completely wild and off the wall. Future generations will remember weird Boomers for starting it all with Star Trek conventions.
Well done
David
LOl yes I thought the same, it reminded me of the type of fun atmoshpere at the Gratful Dead shows
Excellent second series! I've gotta find something like that to shoot around here, LOL!

If you can do it, it was worth the price of admission the oppurtunites are endless

Hi Mike,

Looks like you had a fun and rewarding afternoon. All of these images have a clean and professional look that is so characteristic of your work. Love the PP :)

what a cool event
glad you were there to share these with us

thanks, mike
Thansk Greg it was a great time for sure
Nice images, that third one is creepy! What kind of convention was it?
Anime convention you know Japanese cartoons it is huge another genre is Magna Google it and check it out
Hi Mike,

Looks like you had a fun and rewarding afternoon. All of these images have a clean and professional look that is so characteristic of your work. Love the PP :)

Thanks Robert I was really happy with the end result it was hard soemtimes to gwet seperation from the crowds

Latest threads

Top Bottom