A few from the Bronx Zoo (large pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Sep 2, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hard to believe that the summer is coming to a close.
    A few recent images from the Bronx Zoo. All taken with the Nikon D100 and the nikkor 60mm micro or the nikkor 70-200VR.

Andean Condor
    original.

Mandrills
    original.

King Vulture
    original.

Cheetah
    original.

White Peacock Butterfly
    original.

Buckeye Butterfly
    original.

Orange-barred Sulphur Butterfly
    original.

Julia Butterfly
    original.

Giant Swallowtail Butterfly
    original.

Malachite Butterfly
    original.

Comma Butterfly
    original.

Julia Butterfly
    original.

Regards

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robert,
    You have shown a great variety here. Very impressed with the Mandril image. Butterflys are very beautiful.

Birds, now that is a mixed bag if I ever saw one. Don't let Flew see that King Vulture or I am in a heap of trouble :>))) (old standing joke around here. )

Can't call them ugly. Nature has her way of protecting all creatures with thier color and size for protection to avoid harm and blend with thier surroundings in the wild.

All amazing.

Thank you for the show.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great shots Robert.... Thanks for sharing.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    And some say the 70-200VR isn't sharp wide open!

Those first 2 shots seem to debunk that myth, don't they!? Thanks for showing them all to us, they're all very impressive! The King Vulture is almost cartoon cute.

5. Very well done images as alwasy I have to get up to the bronx zo the mandrills is my favorite.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Outstanding series Robert. You certainly made the most out of this trip. :wink:

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great captures, Robert. I could pick one as a favorite...they are all too beautiful. Looks like you had a great day at the zoo.

8. Very Nice Robert!

Anthony

9. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Jay Luto, Anthony747, eng45ine, Flew, Mike Mac, Steve S, dbirdsong, and Gale

Thanks everyone for the comments. I have been going to the bronx zoo for the past two years and I swear....those animals like to pose for us photographers :smile: .

Jay, sorry cant make your get together at the BZ, I am going to be out of town that weekend. Cant wait to see everyones images.

Regards

RFC

11. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Robert -

These are all great images - even the ones with the incredibly ugly faces! (I saw Gale's comment about this and she was right on.) I would never have thought of going to the Bronx Zoo for butterflies. Do they have a "butterfly house", or a garden specifically designed to attract these beauties?

Gordon

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005

Hi Gordon,

The Bronx Zoo has a new butterfly exhibit. It is much larger than the old one. What is especially nice about this exhibit is the butterflies are used to us lowly humans. It is real easy to get up close without them flying away.

Thanks for the comments

Regards
    RFC

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Great Series
    enjoyed viewing them all !!

14. Great pics Robert! I especially like the King Vulture; you nailed that one!

15. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shots!

16. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Really awesome set of photographs. But I'm most jealous with the butterflies. I can just imagine spending the whole day just for the butterflies.

--ricardo

17. Just gorgeous, especially those butterfly shots. Perfect! I didn't get to see an Andean Condor in Peru, so maybe I need to go up to the Bronx and find one :smile: