A few from the dam with Gary and Andy

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I finally got out of the back yard this morning, and shot over at the Guntersville dam with Gary (Hanging Tree) and Andy (Glacier). Andy and I arrived right at 6:00 am, and Gary got there a bit later. We had a really great time. We got GBH's (of course), but also Red-headed WP's, Kestrels, and King Birds. Andy and Gary have already posted some great shots. Here are a few of mine.

Taken with the D2Hs / 400 2.8 + 1.4 & 1.7 TC's.

First shot of the day. The light was just lovely:
    [​IMG]

The Red-headed peckerwoods were very cooperative:
    [​IMG]

With a bug:
    [​IMG]

I was thrilled to get my first decent Kestrel shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably a few more to come. :smile:

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    It's about time! One of the better days I've had in the field in quite awhile.

An outstanding set! I knew your RHWP's were going to be good as are the Kestrel's of course.

Did any of your shots during the attack look o.k.? Most of mine were clipped here and there so not as good as I had hoped.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I got several of the 'attacks', and I'm going to process them when I get time. Mine were a slightly different perspective and timing than yours, but otherwise similar. We had such a good day today that I'm actually thinking of going back in the morning. Interested? :biggrin:

4. Great Set Frank

Glad to see those Kestrel shots, Great little Hawk. Your RHWP are very good also.

5. Beautiful set, Frank.

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Yep! I'll be there. Might be the last chance I get for awhile so I better make the most of it.

7. Great stuff, Frank. Glad you guys had a good day.

8. Nice series, Frank. Glad you now have the Kestrel in your records. And more than a decent shot, if you ask me.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sweet shots Flewwwwwy

10. very nice work! I expect that as I am typing this you all are back at it so I will look for today's images later.

11. Nice series Frank. Say these birds look familar. I think I have seen that litle Falcon and woody before. Not hard to tell who you were hanging out with:biggrin::biggrin: Good photos and most likely a good time.
    Lou

12. Sweet set Frank! Lovely light! The wood pecker with the insect is really great and the Kestrel of course, the last one is my favorite, very nice pose and color, fair amount of crop?

13. An awesome set Frank.

Louie

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Always nice to see your work Frank

Congrats on the Kestral.

15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super sweet shots, Frank, congrats, and a nice variety too,

I even got out today and the bird gods were with me too.

Wade