1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few from the Panthers training camp.

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Wilross3, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Went with my son to Spartanburg, SC for an early view of the Panthers. It was very hot for the morning practice, and we had a great lunch at the Beacon... for those who can appreciate that!

Julius Peppers looks like he wants out on the field!
    DSC_3114.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hunter Cantwell, a rookie QB from Louisville, tries to impress the coaches.
    DSC_3116.jpg

Jake - elbow surgery. Seemed to be doing fine. This was a laugh, not a grimace of pain! lol.
    DSC_3119.jpg

a bobble
    DSC_3122.jpg

a true fan waits for an autograph from Steve Smith, and others. Most of the Panthers and Coach Fox were great about coming by and giving the kids (and a lot of adults!) some time and a few autographs.
    DSC_3125.jpg

6 Jake DelHomme and Steve Smith weren't in the fan appreciation mood...
    DSC_3131.jpg

Had a great time, and ate too much at the Beacon!

Bill

2. Foques

Foques

May 13, 2009
    Streamwood, IL
    difference between 5 and 6?

3. yosemite

yosemite

Jun 6, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Shots 2 - 6 are the same shots.

4. fixed - thanks.

5. looks like a lot of fun, boy that is one true Panther fan, that tat is pretty serious. Would just straighten your horizon in #2 & #4 -- and maybe crop them tighter...from the left to about 1/2 way to the right.

6. It was a lot of fun - will go back next year. Straightened and cropped - any improvement?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Bill

2,4 and 6 straightened and cropped...

DSC_3116-1.jpg

DSC_3122-1.jpg

DSC_3131-1.jpg

7. Hey Will, were these just from the fan section or did you get credentialed. I've contemplated driving down but didn't know if you could get decent access without credentials..

Thanks!

8. Hey Keith - I wish I could get credentials! lol. These were from the fan section - but access is excellent. You are basically right down on the practice field, many times no more than 30-40 feet away from the action. This was my first time there, but if you go to the morning session, I'd recommend getting there right at 9:00 and getting over to the far side of the field. That seems to be where most of the starters got time today, and there was a scrimmage there. It's also shaded early, so your comfortable, and sun is behind you. It was also the place to be because of the shade. Really close to the players.

Hope you get a chance to go...

Bill

9. Thanks Bill, I may try and get there later this week. Good points though. Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to football this year...NFL, college, pop warner, you name it. Sorry I called you Will in my first post.

Nice shots, btw.

Thanks,

10. It's all good... :wink:

And if you figure out a way to get us credentials at a Panthers game, I'll buy the beer!

Bill

11. nice shots
    The Beacon is quite an experience
    How about that guy yelling orders
    and talk about killer onion rings (actually all the food will kill you:smile:) 

12. I would have killed to see this. Nice shots by the way!

My family is from Carolina (well, my dad's side). Almost two decades ago I went back with my dad, brother and grandfather to meet all of our family. The Panthers weren't even an official team yet, but NC and SC both has Panthers' gear all over everywhere... gas stations, quick stops, the mall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.