1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Few From the Past Couple Weeks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I've been busy and the weather has been less than favorable, but I have managed a few decent hours of shooting in....

All images created with a D300 and 500 AFS-VR either alone or with either a TC14EII or TC17EII.

The first images were tough to get and are of a clay colored sparrow. This is the first time I've ever even seen one of these and it was a thrill as they are rather rare migrants here in NE. They are also exceedingly reclusive.

original.

original.

original.

original.

A southbound stilt sandpiper... the latest I've ever seen one at Plum Island. These were shot in rather heavy fog, so I had a bit of levels work to do in order to make them acceptable...

original.

original.

A lesser yellow legs in among the fall marsh colors....

original.

original.

Two greater yellow legs relaxing...

original.

A greater yellow legs shot in cloudy / foggy conditions as a high-key image:

original.

2. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Those are incredible as usual!

3. That last one is superb. Thanks for sharing these, Jim

4. I agree the last one is really special...Thanks for sharing

5. jachang

jachang

Jan 1, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Jim,

Those are simply stunning! I loved the last one. Thanks so much for this treat.

Jean

6. Very nice indeed Jim.

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Thanks For Looking

I'm glad that you enjoyed them :) 

8. Jim all these are great but I truly love that high-key image. Terrific as always.

9. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Fantastic shots. I love the last one.

10. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    Color,composition,exposure,saturation,all are right on.Your usual wonderful pictures.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    These are excellent Jim, and very well processed on my monitor. I especially like the sparrow shots. Very nicely done.

12. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Excellent series, Jim! Love them all but especially the first and third ones.

13. Hi Jim thats a nice set of images.

Phil.

14. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Thanks Again AND

While I also liked the last image (High Key), the real thrill out of the entire group was the Clay Colored Sparrow in the timothy grass.

These little birds are such a challange as they flit around, chasing one another and feeding.

Picking this individual bird out of a jumpy, nervous group of different types a sparrow was quite the challange overe the course of a couple of hours!

15. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    Jim I also liked the sparrow.It is amazing to me that you got the entire bird in focus.

16. Stunning capture:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.