A few from the pond today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Patrick and I stopped by the pond at lunch today to get away from work for a few minutes, and try to get a few decent shots. Early in the day, it was warm and sunny, but by the time we got to the pond, it was chilly, with a very strong (25-35 mph) wind. We almost froze.... :?

The birds were getting blown around about as badly as we were. In fact, I have never seen so many Gulls flying, and even landing, backwards. :shock:

In any case, I did get a few shots off, even though I didn't get any wowsers. Here are some of what I did manage to bring home.

Quackers:

Yack, yack, yack.... :lol:
    [​IMG]

This guy (gal??) was snoozing until I tossed out some feed. He got really interested after that:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Landing in rough waters:
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Frank

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I like these Frank. They're crisp and nicely taken and the lighting/processing helps portray how cold it was, especially the two mallard shots. Well done.

Neil

3. Flew,

Great shots my man!! :D :D :D Let me know when you and Patrick go out to the pond again and I will join you guys. :) :) :) ............OK OK.....I am inviting myself.......PLEASE.....now I am begging!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Nices tuff love the detail in the first one, and what a unique pose of the other duck, and what woudl a post from Frank be with out a flight shot.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yours were a lot better than mine Frank. It was chilly. I'm no Jim Fenton, I can't stand the cold!

6. It's obvious that you do have some wind going here Frank as the waves are getting violent. Thanks for sharing your pond images no matter what the weather is. I like the first one best.