A few from the pond today

Patrick and I stopped by the pond at lunch today to get away from work for a few minutes, and try to get a few decent shots. Early in the day, it was warm and sunny, but by the time we got to the pond, it was chilly, with a very strong (25-35 mph) wind. We almost froze.... :?

The birds were getting blown around about as badly as we were. In fact, I have never seen so many Gulls flying, and even landing, backwards. :shock:

In any case, I did get a few shots off, even though I didn't get any wowsers. Here are some of what I did manage to bring home.

Quackers:

Yack, yack, yack.... :lol:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This guy (gal??) was snoozing until I tossed out some feed. He got really interested after that:

Landing in rough waters:

Regards,

Frank

I like these Frank. They're crisp and nicely taken and the lighting/processing helps portray how cold it was, especially the two mallard shots. Well done.

Neil

Flew,

Great shots my man!! :D :D :D Let me know when you and Patrick go out to the pond again and I will join you guys. :) :) :) ............OK OK.....I am inviting myself.......PLEASE.....now I am begging!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nices tuff love the detail in the first one, and what a unique pose of the other duck, and what woudl a post from Frank be with out a flight shot.

PGB

Yours were a lot better than mine Frank. It was chilly. I'm no Jim Fenton, I can't stand the cold!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom