A Few from the Redwoods

My friend was just married in Orick, CA (about an hour north of Eureka) in the Redwoods. I officiated the ceremony, so I don't have any pictures of the wedding, but there was lots of wildlife to photograph. If you've never been to the redwoods, you've got to go. The size of the trees is just...wow. Indescribable. It's tough to get perspective on how big and how beautiful that the scenery is.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm glad you included people in the images for scale. It would be impossible to appreciate the size and beauty of these trees.

Nice work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad you included people in the images for scale. It would be impossible to appreciate the size and beauty of these trees.

Nice work.
Thanks Lee. The photos that I have without people in them makes the forest look just "normal"

These are simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.
Thanks so much Patrick-I'm glad that you enjoyed them!

The rewoods are my favorite type of forrest. I have been Mt. biking in the Forest of Nicene Marks for over twenty years. It is a wonderfull place to see and explore the history of.
Troy, I don't have your forestry experience, but I'd be inclined to agree that this is my favorite type of forest so far.

Pic #2 is cooler than anything I've shot there. Nice work, Paul!
Thanks Nancy! #2 is my favorite as well. I was really surprised that the underside of all of the clovers were so colorful. These were bright red and others were bright purple. How odd...

These are huge - I only noticed the people in the last picture and when I looked at them again notice the little squirrel size person in the first pic... WOW
They are truly huge!
I was just amazed by how big that these trees are! They get up to about 400 feet high and are the tallest living things ever.
The redwoods are also where the Ewoks were filmed (Endor in The Return of the Jedi) and where the dinosaurs lived in Jurassic Park. It's an amazing place to visit. After you're done with your European tour, it's worth a look :)

I've never had much desire to travel. The California redwoods are the only thing on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing these.
Bill if their is anything left after the fire you should come check it out, cool stuff:cool:
I will be in the forrest in a couple hours

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Greg--It really is an awe-inspiring sight.

Troy-be careful up there. The redwoods should be fine in the fires (their flae retardancy is pretty impressive), but I'm a little worried about the cities that surround the trees.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom