1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Few from the Redwoods

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by PAReams, Jul 1, 2008.

1. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    My friend was just married in Orick, CA (about an hour north of Eureka) in the Redwoods. I officiated the ceremony, so I don't have any pictures of the wedding, but there was lots of wildlife to photograph. If you've never been to the redwoods, you've got to go. The size of the trees is just...wow. Indescribable. It's tough to get perspective on how big and how beautiful that the scenery is.

Redwoods-11.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Redwoods-33.jpg

Redwoods-17.jpg

Redwoods-36.jpg

2. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm glad you included people in the images for scale. It would be impossible to appreciate the size and beauty of these trees.

Nice work.

3. pat33

pat33

Nov 13, 2007
    Singapore
    These are simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
  5. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Pic #2 is cooler than anything I've shot there. Nice work, Paul!

Must road-trip that way again soon.

6. Thanks

These are huge - I only noticed the people in the last picture and when I looked at them again notice the little squirrel size person in the first pic... WOW

They are truly huge!

7. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks Lee. The photos that I have without people in them makes the forest look just "normal"

Thanks so much Patrick-I'm glad that you enjoyed them!

Troy, I don't have your forestry experience, but I'd be inclined to agree that this is my favorite type of forest so far.

Thanks Nancy! #2 is my favorite as well. I was really surprised that the underside of all of the clovers were so colorful. These were bright red and others were bright purple. How odd...

I was just amazed by how big that these trees are! They get up to about 400 feet high and are the tallest living things ever.
    The redwoods are also where the Ewoks were filmed (Endor in The Return of the Jedi) and where the dinosaurs lived in Jurassic Park. It's an amazing place to visit. After you're done with your European tour, it's worth a look :) 

8. why no more walks in de woods

Why the eagles called one of there new songs no more walks in the woods?

regards arthur

9. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Wow! I would love to see them someday.

10. I've never had much desire to travel. The California redwoods are the only thing on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing these.

11. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Bill if their is anything left after the fire you should come check it out, cool stuff:cool: 
    I will be in the forrest in a couple hours

12. wonderful shots
    i rode through that area on my motorcycle a couple of years ago
    it was awe inspiring

very nice

13. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks Greg--It really is an awe-inspiring sight.

Troy-be careful up there. The redwoods should be fine in the fires (their flae retardancy is pretty impressive), but I'm a little worried about the cities that surround the trees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.