A few from the San Diego Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Here are a few from the Zoo, a combo of mine and Nancy's, labeled as such. I wish they were all mine :wink:

Bearded Pigs - A Pair: I have never seen these before, love the ears
    DSC2379.sized.

Bearded Pig on the Move - Flying Beard and Dust
    DSC2384.sized.

Giant Panda Portrait - Lighting was tough, no flash allowed....
    DSC2397.sized.

These are not always on display, so we took what we could get and got lucky that one of them was moving around a bit.

Wolf's Guenon, A Portrait - Did you get my GOOD Side???
    DSC2441.sized.
    I showed this to Nancy and she said, "I took THAT????"...... :wink:

Giant Pand on the Move
    DSC9659.sized.

Wolf's Guenon, Mom and Baby, Lunchtime....
    DSC9703.sized.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great job, Bill and Nancy. Hey, no excuses about bad lighting on the panda, love the shot anyway. I have to admit, those pigs have some serious hair issues. Looks as though the two of you had a great time at the zoo. A photographers paradise and you both shot some great images. Thanks for sharing.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bill, that's the worst case of nose hair I've ever seen. :lol:

Nice shots. :wink:

4. Not only that but did you notice the ear hair on the guy? :shock:

Very neat shots of animals we don't get to see too often!

5. Frank, thanks. When you are in a place at 2PM on a very bright day and can't do any fill, you are pretty much stuck as to the light. But I always figure that the memory is what counts :wink: , and then you work Photoshop as best you can.

Flew and Kevin, when I first saw the close-up I thought Nancy had taken a picture of ME :!: :!: :!: You know, that "hair migration" that happens as we get older.

One nice thing about the zoo is that you do get to see some unusual animals, such as these bearded pigs, and very young animals, such as the Guenon baby. But, obviously, you miss the "natural" setting. Unfortunately, a fair number of these animals are being primarily maintained due to zoos around the world. Too danged many humans in the world these days.

Thanks, all.

6. Bill
    The last one is just fantastic the eyes are so sharp and great colors, the last panda shot is fantastic also. keep them coming

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Bill and Nancy!! That last one is really great.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good stuff. Love it.

Never saw a pig like that..

sure gotta love those Pandas.

Thanks for sharing.

9. Mike and Don, thanks a bunch. That last image is one of my favorites from our whole vacation. Very, very, little work done of that or the Guenon that Nancy shot. We really got those 2 right the first time. They are such pretty animals, and those eyes, you gotta love 'em, especially on the "little tyke" :wink:

10. Gale, thanks a bunch. We saw those Pigs and I thought, "Oh, heck, just another pig", and here we have everybody really liking them :!: That's what I get, eh? Looks like Nancy was the smart one :wink: .

Tough bit with the Panda's is getting lucky enough to be there when they move. Sort of like trying to get "action" shots of a Sloth. We got VERY lucky, I think.

11. Beautiful shots!! :D :D

12. Thanks, Bryan, from both of us....