A few from the walk

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Commodorefirst, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Was out with my better half Sunday, and I limited myself to only one camera and one lens, so I took the 180mm AF-D 2.8 since I haven't used it in a while,

Granted it doesn't focus as close as my 300 AF-S did, but I took an eclectic mix of photos that day, from trains, (thread in the planes, trains forum) Pelicans, (posted in the bird area) and these flora closeups:

f2.8 shutter from 1/500 to 1/1500, all handheld.

Any ID on plants would be nice. Forcing myself to just one lens was kinda fun and different. I even found a bug/spider in one of the shots I didn't see.

Thanks,

Wade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  2. Thanks for sharing your walk with us Wade. I too noticed the little black bug on the leaf of the plant.

3. Nice ones Wade....really like the color in #1... :smile:

Missing that 300 f4 already huh...??? :wink:

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Only until the 200Vr arrives TODAY!
    :biggrin:

5. Very nice pictures, limiting yourself to just one lens will teach what that lens can or cannot do, that way you will really know in the future which lens to choose for a definite subject.