A few from this morning

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Feb 12, 2005.

1. In preparation for my Fla trip next week spent a hour at my feeders this AM and walked away with these. All taken with the D2H with the 300 f4 and 1.4 converter
    Red Bellied Woodpecker
    original.
    Male House Finch
    original.
    Goldfinch
    original.
    Female House Finch
    original.
    Female Downy Woodpecker
    original.

2. great shots Mike, wait till you get the big birds in front of you. I cant wait to see those shots. Very nice. 4 more days!

3. Excellent images Mike. The first woodpecker is an amazing shot and I love how you have chosen to tilt the angle of the image. They are all fine images.

4. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Great bird shots Mike. perfectly sharp and exposed as usual.
    how do you get so close. a blind?

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, all I can says is WOW. The thing is, I seem to be saying this a lot when I see your shots.... :D I hope you can teach some of your techniques for getting such super sharp shots to the rest of us at Merritt next week. :p :p

Frank

6. Harris
    I cant wait either getting real close. see you soon

7. Mike, I'm wordless. Could you please share a bit of your secrets with us. How in heaven you managed to get such close to those birds and capture them in the natural environment (I mean in trees not on birdfeeders).

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Mike,

You look to be well prepared for this weekend. Really nice shots.

9. Hi great shots spot-on exposure excellent detail what more could you want.

Phillip.

10. Holy smokes - these are GOOOOOD! I need a feeder and light like yours :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Dao
    Thanks I have three feeders in my front yard with lots of natural perching spots and some I created by placing branches close by for the birds to perch on there way in and out from the feeders. Patience plays a lot and getting to know the timing of the birds and there habits. Patience is a virtue I guess

12. Thanks Harry look forward to meeting you soon

13. Thanks Phillip the light that morning was so nice there is like a half hour window when it is very nice

14. Thanks Rory coming from you that is a fantastic compliment

15. A warm thank for sharing the secret. Keep posting those enjoyable pictures.

16. Hate to sound like a broken record, but you have mastered this type of photography, Mike. Every shot superb.

Looking forward to meeting you in Fla. later this week...

17. David
    Thanks I am now starting to be patient and wait for the birds I have not captured hopefully as spring comes around some more species will visit.
    See you soon looking forward to it.