A few from this morning

In preparation for my Fla trip next week spent a hour at my feeders this AM and walked away with these. All taken with the D2H with the 300 f4 and 1.4 converter
Red Bellied Woodpecker
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Male House Finch
View attachment 5160
Goldfinch
View attachment 5161
Female House Finch
View attachment 5162
Female Downy Woodpecker
View attachment 5163

Excellent images Mike. The first woodpecker is an amazing shot and I love how you have chosen to tilt the angle of the image. They are all fine images.

Mike, all I can says is WOW. The thing is, I seem to be saying this a lot when I see your shots.... :D I hope you can teach some of your techniques for getting such super sharp shots to the rest of us at Merritt next week. :p :p

Frank

Mike, I'm wordless. Could you please share a bit of your secrets with us. How in heaven you managed to get such close to those birds and capture them in the natural environment (I mean in trees not on birdfeeders).

daodang said:
Mike, I'm wordless. Could you please share a bit of your secrets with us. How in heaven you managed to get such close to those birds and capture them in the natural environment (I mean in trees not on birdfeeders).
Dao
Thanks I have three feeders in my front yard with lots of natural perching spots and some I created by placing branches close by for the birds to perch on there way in and out from the feeders. Patience plays a lot and getting to know the timing of the birds and there habits. Patience is a virtue I guess

mike mac said:
daodang said:
Dao
Thanks I have three feeders in my front yard with lots of natural perching spots and some I created by placing branches close by for the birds to perch on there way in and out from the feeders. Patience plays a lot and getting to know the timing of the birds and there habits. Patience is a virtue I guess

A warm thank for sharing the secret. Keep posting those enjoyable pictures.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but you have mastered this type of photography, Mike. Every shot superb.

Looking forward to meeting you in Fla. later this week...

DavidM said:
Hate to sound like a broken record, but you have mastered this type of photography, Mike. Every shot superb.

Looking forward to meeting you in Fla. later this week...
David
Thanks I am now starting to be patient and wait for the birds I have not captured hopefully as spring comes around some more species will visit.
See you soon looking forward to it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom