A few from today on Long Island

Went out to Montauk today, then to the other fork on Long Island out near Greenport. Two Hundred twenty miles later home and ready for tomorrow, nice to have some time off! :D :D

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tried a lot of different thing with the D2x today. Both AF-S, AF-C, with x1.7 and a x2 converter. Sometimes I thought there was a focusing problem, sometimes not! Guess my jury is still out in my case but I am leaning toward a problem with AF-C for small subjects, it looses focus even when stationary if at a distance. That was today anyway but it was VERY windy, so lets try some more tomorrow if I have the energy! :lol:

Blew the whites in some spots here, should have used -1 maybe.... didn't bother messing with the raw file yet to try and get the whites better.

Great shots George.

On a completely unrelated topic, I took your advice and ordered a full Wimberley head late last week, and it got here today (same time as my new Gitzo 1325....;-)). I already have a Sidekick, but was looking to either buy a new ballhead, or to get the big W. Obviously, I decided on the big Wimberley, partly based on your testimonial in a post a week or two ago.

I took it and the Gitzo out for an afternoon shoot when I got off of work. So far, I like it a lot. As you mentioned, the weight is not all that bad (a little over a lb more than my previous tripod / ballhead / Sidekick), and the set-up is very simple (I like simple).

So anyway, thanks for the guidance. I think I'm going to be a happy shooter. :p

Regards,

Frank

Flew said:
So anyway, thanks for the guidance. I think I'm going to be a happy shooter. :p
Frank
Very good Frank, I know you will like it! Not a lot heavier at all and once you play with it for a few days you will like it more!! :D

....and thanks! :)

Very nice looks liek you had some nice weather love the last two osprey shots, lookign forward to some nice weather this weekend

I love your shots, George. I opted for the Kirk king cobra over the wimberly based on being able to set a tension factor. hope I did not goof up at the price of these big lense heads.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom