A few from today

OK Can someone please do something about the weather and my free time please. Just cant seem to coordinate the two to get out and shoot anything but my little friends at my feeders. All taken with the D2H and the 300f4 and the 1.4 converter. Avery overcast day so the colors aren't that vivid.
OK here are a few from this AM
Mockingbird, these are just plain nasty birds and I think it looks rather tough in this shot.
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grackle.. I love the colors in these birds they are so spooky it is very hard to get a shot of one of these. Cant get them to land on the natural perches
View attachment 6634
Sparrow
View attachment 6635
Female House Finch
View attachment 6636
Blackbird, I guess another very wary bird, but love the colors on this one too
View attachment 6637
Male House Finch
View attachment 6638
Mournign Dove, these guys are so noisy my family doesn't appreciate the feeders when these guys are making a racket at 6:00 AM
View attachment 6639

I still don't understand how you do it Mike. I could shoot for the rest of my life and never get one that looks like these. I'm so jealous. 8)

Great shots.... ;-)

Frank

Beautifully photographed as always Mike!

On IDs I think the bird you called a Grackle is actually a European Starling and the one you called a Blackbird is a Common Grackle (although it might be a Great-tailed Grackle?).

Neil

Flew said:
I still don't understand how you do it Mike. I could shoot for the rest of my life and never get one that looks like these. I'm so jealous. 8)

Great shots.... ;-)

Frank
thanks Frank, but I beleive your shots are every bit as good as these, but please dont stop :wink:

NeilCam said:
Beautifully photographed as always Mike!

On IDs I think the bird you called a Grackle is actually a European Starling and the one you called a Blackbird is a Common Grackle (although it might be a Great-tailed Grackle?).

Neil
Neil
You are absoultly correct thansk for the correct ID's

Your getting there

Hi Mike,
You are doing well with that new lens. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe we should be thinking of another trip to Bombay Hook soon.

Latest threads

Top Bottom