A few from today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, May 7, 2005.

1. Well first let me say a great heartfelt thanks to all the messages emails and phone calls regarding my Mothers passing this has been invaluable in coping with her tragic loss.

On a side note make sure everyone out there makes sure that any Mothers in there life have a special day.

I finally had a few hours to spend at home today and unwind a bit, so I grabbed my newly repaired D2H fresh from Nikon and shot a few birdies on my front porch. Let me tell you they seemed to have down real well fixing the camera. So here are a few from late this afternoon
    American Goldfinch
    original.
    Female House Finch
    original.
    Male House Finch
    original.
    Mourning Dove
    original.
    Robin
    original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just gorgeous Mike. Glad to see you getting back into life. I can't imagine how tough this must be on you.

Regards,

Frank

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Mike...

Jeannie and I have you and your family in our thoughts. We thought it might be best not to bother you until after the weekend...but please know that we're thinking of you.

The pictures are great and I hope that taking these allowed you to relax and find a little bit of comfort.

What was wrong with the H by the way?

Hang in there buddy....

4. Thanks Frank, the cafe is a great place to escape to, thanks for making all this happen

5. As always Mike...........very very very impressive shooting!! :D :D :D

6. Re: Mike...

Jim
    thanks so much my friend, my family really appreciates it.
    Standing out on my deck and relaxing doing something I love was so needed.
    The meter went on my D2H I sent it is and the did the following
    replaced and adjusted meter
    replace CF door due to loose rubber
    they adjusted the parallax
    clean and clean the ccd
    Seems to be working real well these are the first pictures since I go it back

7. Hi Mike,
    We don't know each other and I'm new here and all and it may not be appropriate for me to say anything about your recent loss but I learned when my mom passed away that it takes a while for the hurt to lessen. You may have some hard days ahead but reflect back on the good times and memories and it helps to ease the pain.

About your photos, I'm amazed at your consistency in displaying such incredible pictures. I've followed your work from dpr and your work more than many others is why I've decided to stick to Nikon. There's a dimensionality that shows through in your photos that I just don't see in Canon.

One day maybe we can meet and I can learn from you first hand.

Take it one day at a time,

8. Bryan
    Thanks so much I appreciate the kind words

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for the return note Mike

I'll be thinking of you and your family this day. Great pics. Must be nice toget your mind off stuff, if only for a short while. that 1st Finch is outstanding!