a few from Via Appia Antica, Rome

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jczinn, May 15, 2005.

1. Here's a few more photos from my Rome trip last month. We spent a great day on the Appia Antica--the ancient road that leads out of Rome, lined with relics of antiquity--mostly tombs, and some ruins of ancient villas. It was wonderful to get out into some green for a day and out of the hectic city (we were also doing some birding, but I didn't bring my birding lens.) Its also lined with expensive, currently occupied Villas behind locked gates and long driveways. Traffic is restricted so its great for walking.

Who would have thought this is within Rome city limits! Sheep!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WOW, Janet!! Looks like you are having a good time!! Thanks so much for sharing these images with us!! :D :D :D :D :D

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Nice shots Janet.

It would have been even more awesome if you redid the last shot much later in the day.

4. Very nice Janet, some real history here. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.