A few from yesterdays outing

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by mike mac, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Went with Gordon Large for the café yesterday to Longwood Gardens and Winterthur and I was able to grab a few scape's nothing spectacular but figure I would share. This is the first I have gotten out in a while. :lol: These were taken in the early afternoon and it was quite hot and hazy.
    Most of these shot with the 12-24 with a two stop grad ND filter
    original.
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like the heat is even getting to the grass these days! That first shot is beautiful! Just how tempting was it to take a swim? Looks like the water was nice and cool.

3. Hi Mike

That first one has something special! I like your presentation - the framing looks just right to me.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike,
    These images are soooo pretty.

thanks

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Like the first one mike. The greens are deep & lush looking.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great images, Mike. The reflection is outstanding...love the bordering as well. Great composition!!!

7. My liking #1, #2, #4, #3, the greens in #1 are very very nice.

8. Mike, I'll take your "nothing spectacular" shots any time you want to post them. :)

Nice use of the 12-24 and ND filters!

9. Leigh
    Thanks AT 94 degrees it was very tempting to jump in..without my D2X of course. IT is has been hot and humid it seems liek forever up here

10. Thanks Rory my normal vantage spot had some construction beign done so I walked aroudn and loved the reflections thanks for looking

11. Thanks Gale so you heading back out Tuesday for the shuttle launch?

12. Thanks yes I too agree the first is the best thanks for looking

13. Thanks Frank I am very pleased with the first image, thanks for looking and commenting

14. Thanks Gilles I appreciate the kind words. Thsi si a fantastic place to shoot

15. Thanks David you know I dont use the 12-24 enough I need to force myslef to try it more, and the ND sure make it easier to avoid blown highlights, I am really digging trying them in differnet situtations

16. Hi Mike,

Another superb series! Is there anything you don't shoot well? I love #1 as well: the composition, colors, reflection, and of course: location, location, location! ;-) :? :lol:

What solution do you use with the graduated ND filters? What system/holder, etc...? I think I might get tempted to play with them after seeing Anand's pics from Alaska, yours, and a few others and knowing how much it takes to achieve a similar effect in post-processing...