A few GBH for Venice Rookery

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Nov 21, 2005.

1. These nesting GBH really put on a show most of the morning. Here are a few shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shot with a D2H and 500mm.

Louie

2. Nice shots there, Louie! It's nice to see this behavior since it means it won't be long for all the action to start!! Noticed you listed 500mm.....is that new? Which one? I thought you had the 300.

3. Thanks Kevin. Well, it's a long story, but I rented the 300 f2.8 and loved it. Actually I rented it a number of times, but after taking in all of the advise of what lens would probably be more appropriate during my Florida trip and the type of shooting I do up here in Seattle, I convinced myself the 500mm is the more appropriate one. Jim Thiel, shoots almost exclusively with a 500mm for his bird shots. I found a pretty good deal on a Nikon 500 F4 at KEH.com, so I got a head start on Christmas. I got to say I love the lens.

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Louie. I have to get to the venice Rookery one of these days. The 500mm and the D2h are a great combo.

5. Congrats, Louie! KEH is one of my favorite online stores. I'm sure you'll be happy with that lens as many on the forum post incredible examples with that lens.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Just one more reason why I need a 500mm :wink:

Great stuff Louie, really dig the 1st shot !

7. Thanks guys for all of your comments, Kevin, Ben and Harry. There have been some very outstanding postings from many that shoot with the D2H and 500mm, I've got a long ways to go to get up to that bar. But it sure is a great combination that I'm really enjoying.

Thanks again.

8. Man you got to luv that combo Louis :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
    Sweet shots!