A few GBH shots for Gary....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gary (hangin tree) posted such inspiring GBH shots today that it reminded me that I had a few shots from the Cafe get together that I never posted. The light was poor, but the action was pretty good. Here are a few GBH shots from the big event.

All taken with the D2Hs / 400mm 2.8 + 1.4 or 1.7 TC's @ISO560-720.

Approach from the right:
    [​IMG]

Pivoting back to the right:
    [​IMG]

Full flaps:
    [​IMG]

Pigging out on a fish that was almost too big :rolleyes::
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, for a little sun. :rolleyes:

2. Outstanding Frank! I still cannot believe the size fish these guys gobble up!!

3. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Notice how skinny the heron looks in your 3rd (excellent) image? That has always fascinated me because look at the size of the fish they eat at the dam and plenty of them. They should all look like a blimp. :biggrin:

Not long ago my vehicle was "painted" by a GBH from the hood all the way to the back and then some. It was completely hysterical to me that he chose that exact moment and spot to unload about a years worth of .....well you get the idea.

4. I'm glad that I contributed to getting these posted they are outstanding for the conditions.

Thanks for sharing

5. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Nice job, Frank! I can't believe they can actually eat fish that size.

6. Gorgeous, Flew!!! Sheesh, I was standing right next to you and I sure didn't get anything like that! LOL! I definitely want to thank you for the very valuable help and advice you gave me that day, though, as at least I came home with SOMETHING....and that's more than I was able to do last year. OK, so maybe by next year I'll have polished my technique a bit more!

Anyway, these are outstanding!

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding captures Frank, great details in the shots.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice flewwwyyyy

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nicely done Frank. It sure could have been brighter that day, but I still cherish the time that all of us shot together.

10. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Really like the third shot - great work especially in bad light. And those fish shots - yikes! Nicely done.

11. Nice series Frank, That is some size I think Gizzard Shad it is getting down.
    Nice detail
    Lou

12. Great work Frank. That third shot is simply amazing.

13. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Very nice Frank,even with little light you did a great job here.I am glad you dug these up and shared them with us again thanks.

14. Very nice and crisp as always Frank. That is one big fish! Milanta time :).

Best,

Jose

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.