A few GBH shots for Gary....

Gary (hangin tree) posted such inspiring GBH shots today that it reminded me that I had a few shots from the Cafe get together that I never posted. The light was poor, but the action was pretty good. Here are a few GBH shots from the big event.

All taken with the D2Hs / 400mm 2.8 + 1.4 or 1.7 TC's @ISO560-720.

Approach from the right:
140796828-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pivoting back to the right:
140796819-O.jpg

Full flaps:
140797074-O.jpg

Pigging out on a fish that was almost too big :rolleyes::
140797089-O.jpg

140797056-O.jpg

Oh, for a little sun. :rolleyes:

Notice how skinny the heron looks in your 3rd (excellent) image? That has always fascinated me because look at the size of the fish they eat at the dam and plenty of them. They should all look like a blimp. :biggrin:

Not long ago my vehicle was "painted" by a GBH from the hood all the way to the back and then some. It was completely hysterical to me that he chose that exact moment and spot to unload about a years worth of .....well you get the idea.

Gorgeous, Flew!!! Sheesh, I was standing right next to you and I sure didn't get anything like that! LOL! I definitely want to thank you for the very valuable help and advice you gave me that day, though, as at least I came home with SOMETHING....and that's more than I was able to do last year. OK, so maybe by next year I'll have polished my technique a bit more!

Anyway, these are outstanding!

Nicely done Frank. It sure could have been brighter that day, but I still cherish the time that all of us shot together.

Really like the third shot - great work especially in bad light. And those fish shots - yikes! Nicely done.

Very nice Frank,even with little light you did a great job here.I am glad you dug these up and shared them with us again thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom