A few H.S. baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 20, 2007.

1. I walked down the street to our local H.S this afternoon and caught a few innings of the Varsity baseball game. I dont like shooting here cause no matter where you shoot from there is always background clutter. I could not get inside the fence so I had to shoot through the fence.
    The home team did not fair to well and were losing 8-0 when I left.
    All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. well Mike I think you should just give up on shooting sports and give me that 300 2.8 :)

3. Hey Mike,

Doesn't matter if you're shooting little people or the bigger ones it is outstanding work as always. I see what you mean about the busy backgrounds but it is what it is. Nothing much you can do about that. Even still they are excellent images.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    So good Mike, you set the bar so high for the rest of us. Did you shoot #3 through the fence? Awesome capture! Thanks for being a huge part of this forum, we have a growing number of regulars because of images like yours to learn from.

5. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots Mike. I guess when you are shooting it doesn't matter if you shoot through a brick wall, you're shots are still amazing.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are outstanding...If we had one of those little clappy guys/faces...I would insert one here...Great images Mike...You shoot through a fence better than I do with the kids right in front of me..

Nice work as always !

7. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Great job under brutal lighting conditions. Top-notch images Mike!

I find baseball/softball very difficult to shoot...The fact that I simply loathe the game probably doesn't help.

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Outstanding images, as usual. I didn't find the backgrounds very distracting,as they were blurred enough. The players were sharp and in focus, and I liked the action in the shots.
    All are good, but I like #5 best.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  9. i think u could shoot thru a wall and look good !

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Not to detract from Mike's normal (read outstanding!) images, but your comment reminds me of a local photographer.
    I've often said she could but a coke bottle on her camera and get great images.
    Some of her HS football photos are just superb. And you know what kind of lighting we have in Friday night football.
    I just hope Mike doesn't start shooting thru a coke bottle. But he probably could.:smile:

11. WOW!
    These shots make me want to leave my camera at home and leave it to the pros. They are incredible!
    Ted B

12. Thanks to all for the positive comments I so enjoy shooting sports by viewing through a camera and a close range one gets a whole new insight and appreciation of the game

13. Yes Frank it was from behind the backstop in some of my shots that i chosse not to post you coudl see the fence pattern in the bokeh