A few hand held (pre gyro) pics from my inbox

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Wilk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Just a few of my fav's from this week (yes, I'm at least a week behind)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More in my InBox.

2. Gotta say - I always look forward to your pics.

They are always interesting and really - I look forward to the titles you give them. Adds another dimension to every pic. I luv "Party Fog"!

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Funny, I love that one too. I was quite frustrated trying to shoot it, as it was coming out with the subject being unsharp. As I did the PP I realized it's the focus point - but I love the dreamy kind of results.

Thanks for your kind words.

4. Nice series.

Very cool shots and different style. My favorite is the third one.
    Thanksfor sharing.
    Ben

5. Master of the night. Love party fog.

6. I like Party Fog. You have really captured the atmosphere in that image. Your work is so creative. I look forward to more. :biggrin:

7. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hi Ben,

Different... that's one way to put it :biggrin:

I'm just seeking out my own thing - my own style. I'm not critisizing anyone by saying this, but I've seen so much that's been done before, I'm just trying to set myself apart. I don't know if it works now, or will work in the future, but I'm having a lot of fun in the meantime, and that's what counts! Much of the feedback I get is positive, so that's pretty encouraging, as your comment was, so thanks!

8. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks Gordon! Is there some place I can write to get credentials for the master thing???? :biggrin: Hey, I'm just out there having fun, glad a few appreciate it.

9. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hi Crystal,

Thanks ever so much for your kind words and encouragement. You'll likely see tons more, as really, I'm just getting started. Party fog did work out well, I'm glad so many like that one.

10. So just curious. It seems obvious that you are much more creative than me. But as you walk around do you see this shots before you shoot or shoot away and see what you come up with after the fact. I hope that is not a stupid question? Your style inspires me to try more different styles of photography. Keep them coming.....

11. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey Mark,

Wow... I'm deeply humbled by this! I'm really just a noob trying to carve a nitche. Some of the stuff on my home page sort of explains it. Really, I just let my eye lead the way. If something catches my eye, I do tend to frame and shoot rather quickly. It's sort of like I'm trying to see in the 35mm aspect ratio and find (what some might call) creative comps. When I see them, I generally try not to think it through too much, rather let my eye pick the shot and just shoot it. I shot film for many years and struggled with it a lot. I was determined to find a path to my own style this time around, and what I've come up with works ok for me at the moment. I find when I try to think things through too much, my brain sort of gets in the way. I'm only marginally artistic to begin with, so when logic gets involved, the results are underwhelming more often than not. It's sort of the same philosophy as sports - that is, being in "the zone". I shot pool for many years, and I was always at my best when I was just seeing shots and hitting them without a great deal of thought or logic put into it. The eye is an amazing thing and when left alone to do it's thing, the results are usually better.

I do tend to shoot a whole lot of shots - believe me, there's a TON of stuff that never sees the light of day, but that's just fine. I don't worry about what didn't succeed, and focus on what does. I do tend to learn from what does seem to work and get some fresh ideas and new directions as I go too.

This is of course, my opinion - your mileage may vary :biggrin:

Thanks again for your very kind words.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  12. Good response. Thanks.

Keep them coming. And keep giving them titles. I luv the titles.

Maybe next pics I post - I will try to give them titles.

Mark.

13. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    STeve
    I like your style.
    On this series "Party fog " is my favorite THen the next two.
    Keep exploring.

14. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey Biggs,

Thanks very much for the encouragement!