A few images from yesterday .. More to Follow

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Met up with Ben (machine Gun), Jeff and Brett at the Sepulveda basin for some shooting out here in LA LA land..

I think I need to work on my tracking of birds in flight. I seem to get more soft or blurry ones than sharp images... :frown: :frown:

Tech
    D2X
    300mm F/4 Non-AFS 1.4X TC

here are a few of them...

Egret Silhouette

Green Heron

Osprey in Flight

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Eric
    Enjoyed our meet and look forward to the next one :wink:

these are all good
    good detail in the greeny, glad he posed for you
    to bad Mr. Osprey didn't want to come in closer or do some fishing

I actually find Silhouettes to be tough to nail, and you did well here. My own personal taste says the Egret should even be darker, JMHO.

Till next time
    Ben

3. Great shots, Eric. Interesting perspective on the Greenie. We don't usually see them up that high! Cool!!

4. Eric nice work on these shots. I've never thought much of silhouette shots but this one here I like.

My only critique is for the greenie: some slight curve adjustments to show more green color on him - it's there just not enough contrast

Nice meeting you yesterday!

5. not bad at all. love the osprey. bet you guys had a blast
    Dave

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Eric,

I like the greenie and the osprey. I'd say that you did pretty well on the flight shots. Even the egret is sharp. :smile:

7. thanks everyone.. Maybe it is just me but on my monitor some of the shots just don't look sharp.. I am shooting in RAW and sometimes I get a RAW image I know is really sharp crisp edges, but others sometimes they are not as sharp and crisp.

Is it my technique? I know and have read the D2X reuires really careful technique and I thought I had een doing that...