A few IR's from my InBox

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Wilk, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Finally getting more used to the mod. I'm doing 3 full stop brackets now for everything, and it seems to get me close enough to where I want to be for most shots. These are from a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll confess to using the diffuse glow filter on a couple of these - more on #2, less on #3, it does a pretty good job at getting that kodak b&w IR look. Also, I cut a mask for the hue shift on the warning light on the last one. Heck... it's my work... I'm allowed to do this, aren't I? :biggrin:

More in my InBox

2. Your allowed to do pretty much as you want. Really like the first image, the colors are quite pretty and unusual.

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey Gordon. Yes, I agree with you :biggrin: A street forum that I belong to, there's always these arguments about the validity of the use of photoshop to tweak "originals". AFIAK, it's just pixels, and you can do with them as you wish. I'm no master at photoshop to say the least, but I sure do have fun with it, and CS2 just totally rocks.

That first one, I tried "picking" just part of the color that makes up the palm trees and hue shifting just that, I like the way it turned out. That's one of the things that fascinates me about IR, there are so many possiblilities... including the fact that it makes amazing black & whites.

Thanks for the kind words!

4. Steve,
    There's lots of 'right' answers and you've found some more. I like the last one the most, and I can't tell you why. I leave tomorrow for New Mexico, and look forward to finding some 'right' answeres out there with my new IR mod D70. I look forward to seeing your next set of IR images.