A few (lame) South Beach/Katrina pics

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Wilk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    With all the devistation in the gulf coast, I almost had to do this post processing to remember that Katrina hit florida too... with far less devistation, but we didn't get away scott free. A friend of mine is living in a hotel with his family, his house has about $100,000 in damage, but he does indeed have the hope that many in the gulf coast do not, that he'll live in his house again.

Anyhow... I went out for an hour about 3 hours before landfall - she came ashore in ft. lauderdale and traveled south along the coast. South Beach was just barely effected... down trees and a tiny bit of power outage. My power burped a few times and I lost cable and internet for about 15 hours. Anyhow, here's 3 - there's more in my inbox.

I learned one thing while shooting this; it's hard to keep a filter dry when it's raining sideways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]