1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A few (lame) South Beach/Katrina pics

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Wilk, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    With all the devistation in the gulf coast, I almost had to do this post processing to remember that Katrina hit florida too... with far less devistation, but we didn't get away scott free. A friend of mine is living in a hotel with his family, his house has about $100,000 in damage, but he does indeed have the hope that many in the gulf coast do not, that he'll live in his house again.

Anyhow... I went out for an hour about 3 hours before landfall - she came ashore in ft. lauderdale and traveled south along the coast. South Beach was just barely effected... down trees and a tiny bit of power outage. My power burped a few times and I lost cable and internet for about 15 hours. Anyhow, here's 3 - there's more in my inbox.

I learned one thing while shooting this; it's hard to keep a filter dry when it's raining sideways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.