A few more Anhinga shots..

taken with the 300 f2.8 and 1.7x on a monopod, no cropping at all.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Hi Harris

Luv those shots Harris and nice change up from the cranes. man those are sharp!!! Beautifully done!!!! See you have been experimenting with lenses, so which will it be :?: :p I feel it coming............. Hope your enjoying the summer

Keith

Harris,

Nice captures!! You managed to get pretty close in that last one! :) :) Do you use a ball head on the monopod or have you gone to a swivel arrangement like the RRS web page recommends?

Thanks for sharing.

Gee, you got to be real close. Incredibly sharp despite the use of the extension. The details and the composition in #2 are exceptional.

Re: Hi Harris

Keith said:
Luv those shots Harris and nice change up from the cranes. man those are sharp!!! Beautifully done!!!! See you have been experimenting with lenses, so which will it be :?: :p I feel it coming............. Hope your enjoying the summer

Keith

I have to wait a bit before I can get one :(
It's like candy, which one? I'd like them all. Dunno yet. Have a while to think.

Elf_8 said:
Gee, you got to be real close. Incredibly sharp despite the use of the extension. The details and the composition in #2 are exceptional.

Thanks Christian, this guy was drying off and posing for us. I missed the flight shot. Shooting 500mm on a monopod isnt easy.

Flew said:
Excellent images Harris. Where id you find this guy?

At that canoe launch in the Savannah preserve. I go off to find a raptor that buzzed over us, I come back and mary is shooting away with the D100 and 17-55

So I started far and worked my way up

mike mac said:
Very nice so it seems the 1.7 is plenty sharp on the 300... the plot thickns! :wink:

yes, this does make things tougher. Would love the versatility of a 200-400 with the speed and sharpness of the 2.8

Latest threads

Top Bottom