A few more Arabians & riders

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I tell ya, there just wasn't any good spots to shoot where there wasn't a ton of background distractions. these are a few of the better ones.
    Mrs B:
    original.
    Mrs B competing:
    original.
    Young girl competitor:
    original.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I tell ya Arab Horses are just such great looking animals. When I was an Endurance rider that was the breed to have !!

Thanks for sharing

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Steve,

You may have not been pleased with the backgound, but the riders and their horses are very nice captures regardless. The highlights on the horses is captured well.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful animals for sure Steve, and as usual, you have done a great job capturing their images. The busy backgrounds don't really bother me much, as they show the horses and riders in a real-world environment. You might get better overall shots out on rolling pasture, with beautiful mountains for backgrounds, but you would also probably not get many shooting opportunities. :wink:

5. Nice shootin' Steve.............detail and color are wonderful!!

6. Man you dont pick easy subjects there Steve, the levels of contrast you have to deal with, urghhhhhhhhhh.........nicely done there Steve!

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    thanks everyone,

In checking for Lost Highlights in NC4, many times I didn't miss the right exposure by much, other times they were off by as much as a 1/2 stop. btw, I'm using Fred Miranda's D2X CS Pro Sharpening plugin for PS, and really like it. For web shots, I usually set it to High ISO, Level 1, Low Halo, then check the Save as a Layer option, then dial back the opacity slider to anywhere from 50-80%. For full size shots, it's a much stronger setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005