A few more baseball from the weekend

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 18, 2007.

1. OK I have a few more to post again all shot this past Saturday with the D2X and the 300 2.8 non VR on a mono pod with markins head and wimberly sidekick

I believe the following settings were used
    f4- f4.5
    CH
    AFC
    dynamic area focus
    less contrast
    normal sharpening
    hue -3
    jpg fine
    ev comp as need to hold the highlights
    matrix metering
    srgb I color space
    I use the AF button on back of camera to focus

If you go to www.mmcatee.com and click on sports and then f8baseball it will bring up the gallery click on a picture to view full size and then click on show details and it will show ISO, fstop and shutter speed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    WOW! Thats all I can say. #4 will be a keeper for that kid and will be cherished by him when he grows up. I like #9 and #10 and #12 somehow I find very funny. I especially like the expressions you capture in your pictures and how you try to isolate the individual players and bring out their personalities in your captures. Color, sharpness and exposure is top notch as usual. It is always a pleasure to view your posts Mike!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic faces...
    There is little wrinkle the nose guy:>))))lolol

4. Mike, these are flat-out unreal good! Thanks as always for sharing your thoughts and craft here. Very much appreciated.

5. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Mike, as usual your pictures are amazing. Thanks for sharing your settings.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nicely done Mike and thanks for sharing how your camera is set up. The sharpness and depth of color saturation in these images is wonderful. The will print wonderfully as is or as montages. Viewing your images is like going to school.

7. There are not enough superlatives... so, I will just say incredible... as always. #3 is my favorite!

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow mike.... very very nice..... thank you for posting up your settings!!

I just have one question .... looked through your gallery and noticed your shutter speeds range anywhere from 1/1250 to 1/3000 of a second....... do you usually shot in A mode ? or do you measure your light another way?

im also really intrested in shot number 9 ..... how was that lit ? stadium lights and sunset ?? + how in the world did you keep from blowing highlights on that mike

thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  9. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Mike,

Do you always set your Hue setting to -3? If so, would you still use that adjsutment with the D200?

Thanks

10. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Sorry for the dumb questions but is contrast the same as saturation?

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Another fantastic series of shots, Mike! Picking the best of the best, I liked #8.#9., and #10 the best!