A few more from Belle...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Philippe Roger, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Here are a few more from Belle, a week ago when we had some sun. 8) It's been raining pretty much all day, so I have spent some (quality :wink:) time with RawMagick to convert these.

17889282-L.
    17889285-L.
    17889289-L.

All comments and suggestions welcome! :p

2. Philippe,

The second shot of Belle is one you could frame and put on the wall!! Great shots!!! :D :D :D :D :D

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Phil,

She is just so beautiful. Nice images.

Thank you for sharing.

I love goldies.

Cheers
    GAel

4. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Philippe

I realy like the motion on the first one

5. That looks like one fine companion Phillipe. Fun images.

6. What a beautiful dog I am amazed at evertime I see her.
    So what are your thoughts on RM

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Philippe,

What a cutie, and you've caught her well.... :wink: I'm such a sucker for animals.... :lol: :lol:

Frank

8. Thanks!

Thanks all for looking and for the replies.

Yes, she is a cutie and my favorite subject. I sometimes catch myself just staring at her too, just in awe... :lol: :lol: :lol: She is very endearing by her personality too, not just her looks! :p

Mike, I like the results produced by RM very much. I find that I don't need a whole lot of WB adjustments, the colors are rich and well saturated (I didn't add any in PS afterwards). The ability to work with the various curves out there, as if they were installed in the camera is unparallelled and powerful (the curves are not the same thing as "post-development" curves, ask Iliah...) and the amount of detail retrieved in those (blown) highlights is just amazing, particularly in the High Dynamic Range mode. 8)

The modal user interface with the phases I and II, and the locking of the image in between, is very awkward to me, but I think that this is being changed in the next revision. Also, the high quality rendering does a very fine job but takes a looooooong time, up to 5 minutes per image on a 3GHz 1.5GB RAM PC!! :?

9. Most people here seem to have outstandingly beautiful and friendly dogs (Hans, Panos and now you) and above all, are able to take awesome pics of them. I somehow envy you, but on the other hand, I'm too busy in my job to give a dog the attention it would deserve.

Nice motion blurr on the first one (what was the shooting data?)
    Cheers

10. Re: Thanks!

thanks I ahve heard it is not a user friendly interface and since i dont have time for a steep learnign curve will stick to my method for a while.

11. Thanks, Harry: she needs some attention alright, but we think it's well worth it! :p Btw, if you haven't already seen Jarrell's pictures of Hannah, you are in for a treat (pun intended)! :lol: :lol:

Thanks. It was at 1/40s f/8 @55mm ISO500 with the 17-55DX. The post-processing really brought it to life. :D