A few more from Fridays wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by mike mac, Oct 31, 2005.

1. At the urging of Uncle Frank here are a few more from Fridays wedding I have 100's to go through yet. I consider these shots marginal but also gained a huge amount of knowledge from the shoot and am confident I will deliver a respectable product for the fee charged. shooting these events are hard and take a lot of attention to detail...which I didn't...but will next time.
    I was able to take advantage of Nikons CLS using 2 SB800's and an SB600 to help illuminate a dark canverous area. I still have a long way to go tweaking this light setup but it has great possibilities. I tried using some PS treatments on a few of these to isolate the action.
    So here are a few more from the wedding. Any tips or advice is welcome
    The Bride
    [​IMG]
    The wedding cake
    [​IMG]
    Time for reflection
    [​IMG]
    The Groom
    [​IMG]
    First Dance
    [​IMG]

2. Hello Mike,

I was looking at your photo's. Some nice work you did. I bet this married couple are loving your photo's for sure. I like them how you captured the shots and post proccesed them.

They got warm colors, good sharp where they need to be sharp and the details are there in the dress.

And did that wedding cake taste good. I bet we all love a piece of that cake next time you have photoshoot.

Greetings,
    Vince

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I think these are just fine. Colors are warm and cozy...very intimite as the wedding appeared to have been. My favorite shot is the wedding cake!!! (but then again, I love cake....:tongue: )

4. Excellent Work.. I love the colors. They look a bit unsaturated (at least on my monitor) and it works perfectly with the pics :) Awesome job.

5. Your images are wonderful Mike, intimate and warm. The cake shot is especially good as is the last image. You have certainly proven yourself capable of handling any wedding shoot. The one question I have is relative to your WB, which is quite warm. Was that a conscious choice to enhance the somewhat somber event this seems to be? Maybe somber is not the right word, formal might be more in keeping with the event.

Love the way you have handled the DOF and overal focus for these shots. Excellent detail, composition and presentation. The couple can't help but be thrilled with the images. I feel certain that you are worth every penny that they are paying you. As with all of your photography, this is very professional.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2005
  6. they should love these shots. Well done wedding man!

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Outstanding work. I especially like the color mood and the frames.

8. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Wonderful pictures. I too like the cake :smile: . The first shot is a little on the warm side, IMHO, but I need to see it on the big screen (I'm viewing on my - color managed - laptop now). I'm sure the newly wed couple will love the pictures.

9. Thanks so much for looking and commentign I was really apprehensive about this shoot once I got there and saw the condtions I was shooting under.

10. Thanks
    I am still comign to grips calabrating my new Apple Cinema Display I used my old photcal but think it is time to upgrade to a new spyderII

11. Well to be honest Gordon I think I screwed the WB up and also rean inot a problem with my SB800 no recycling to full power which caused so problems so I will have a lot of work to do in post to correct in post. Thanks for the kind words. I will learn from this and not make the same mistakes twice

12. Thanks i am nervous I sure hope they like it

13. Thanks so much I tried to make it a nice warm feeling to the shoot

14. You are right about the first one there was a lot of incandesent ligting in that hallway and it was a very small space. I sure hope they like them I am nervous

15. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Mike, these are as good as they get, you got nothin to be worried about! Well done!

16. Steve
    Thanks the bride is thrilled what she ahs seen on the web and I printed a few out at 8x10 and they look pretty god

17. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I'm sure they like them - they are wonderful pictures.

18. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    what lens did you use ?

19. Hi Mike

Can you share the shooting/lighting details? How did you have your SB800 set up? I really like the smooth lighting on the skin surfaces... very nice job.

20. Thanks so much from what the bride has saw onlien so far she is pleased.