A few more from Merritt II

I've been so busy at work and at home that I've barely looked at my long list of shots that need to be processed. I did finally go through a few late last night and early this morning. The processing was kind of hurried, but I just wanted to get them up.

All taken with the D2H / 300mm f2.8.

Final approach:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nest building:

Fly-over:

Mommy's home:

More can be seen here:
http://flew.smugmug.com/gallery/585828/25555398

Thanks for looking.

Hey Frank, #6 is my favorite, too! I just love the look of the light coming through their wing feathers. It's such an incredible sight. Bravo! ;)

G

Gordon Large

Hey Frank - Great shots, as usual. I think #6 is great too, but #3 is my favorite. More action, IMO. You got the exposures nailed. The range of EVs in pics like this are very small. Did you use any EV comp at all? You were using the 300/2.8 on a Wimberley as I recall. Would you have to be an NFL lineman to hand hold this lens? How about a person with more normal size and strength.

Gordon

Gordon Large said:
Hey Frank - Great shots, as usual. I think #6 is great too, but #3 is my favorite. More action, IMO. You got the exposures nailed. The range of EVs in pics like this are very small. Did you use any EV comp at all? You were using the 300/2.8 on a Wimberley as I recall. Would you have to be an NFL lineman to hand hold this lens? How about a person with more normal size and strength.

Gordon
Wow Gordon, you are either up real late or real early. :lol:

I shot this (and most of my shots at the rookery) in full manual mode, so no EV comp. I basically followed Ron R's advice. Meter the birds in A mode to get in the ballpark, switch to M using those aperture and shutter settings and tweak from there using the histogram.

This is not a combo that I can hand hold and get consistent shots, both because it is too heavy, and because my hands are too shaky.

Frank,
I commented on this yesterday and guess I forgot to hit the damn submit button again. Hate it when I do that.

these are really really great.

wish I could get the rest of mine processed.

Trying to rest the old wrists. :>))

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom