A few more from St. Augustine

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, May 15, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi you'll,

As Richard (Huskey8) has posted we had a fine time at the rookery. We even bumped into Bernie (Popeye) and another shooter from the Dgrin forum.

a few pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Harry,

You have out done yourself again..Beautiful

3. Very good Harry. It looks like they make it fairly easy for photographers and bird watchers.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Well done as usual, Harry! That boardwalk looks like it's a great benefit to photographers and birders!

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gale. We will have a blast at that rookery when we get up there together.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

More just simply excellent shots. I can't wait to get together with you folks.

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Gordon. I don't think that there is an easier place to shoot birds than at that rookery.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That place is so great! Patrick and I had so much fun capturing the birds when we were there. I can't wait to go back and do it again.

Harry, your shots are really nice. I really love the 3rd one!

9. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Wow, that is a sweet location, you must have a blast with that close by! Very nice shots!

Joel.

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Don,

Thanks. That boardwalk is great! I have never been able to get this close to birds before. Most of my shots are at less than 300mm and there are times when the birds are just too clsoe for either my 300mm or my 80-400mm lenses.

11. Sorry to ask what may be a silly question, but why do you call it a ROOKERY?

We have a Rookery in our grounds and they are damn great black birds of the CORVID family and as far removed from this bird as you can get.

BW. Bob F.

12. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Frank. I can't wait for you to see this place. I heard a rumor that you like taking flight shots. You can shoot a few hundred a day at the rookery.

I'm gonna bring along some smeeling salts because we might have to revive you. :lol:

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Leigh,

Thanks. The hardest thing about shooting here is trying to pick out which bird to shoot. There are just so many choices available. :D

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Joel,

Thanks and that is one sweet spot to shoot. No loose gators running around, no fire ant hills to step in. It doesn't get much better.

15. You'll need a defibrillator for Frank at this place. 8)

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Bob,

A rookery is merely a place where birds and/or animals go to nest and/or breed

17. Great shots, Harry! The third one wins the best contortionist prize! :) :) :). Thanks for sharing.

18. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thank you very much Dennis.

19. Thanks Harry. Now I know that your definition in the USA is very different from our UK one.

BW. Bob F