A few more from St. Augustine

Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
Hi you'll,

As Richard (Huskey8) has posted we had a fine time at the rookery. We even bumped into Bernie (Popeye) and another shooter from the Dgrin forum.

a few pics
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
greyflash said:
Very good Harry. It looks like they make it fairly easy for photographers and bird watchers.
Thanks Gordon. I don't think that there is an easier place to shoot birds than at that rookery.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
8,677
Location
Alabama
That place is so great! Patrick and I had so much fun capturing the birds when we were there. I can't wait to go back and do it again.

Harry, your shots are really nice. I really love the 3rd one!
 
J

jkamphof

Guest
Wow, that is a sweet location, you must have a blast with that close by! Very nice shots!


Joel.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
drueter said:
Well done as usual, Harry! That boardwalk looks like it's a great benefit to photographers and birders!
Hey Don,

Thanks. That boardwalk is great! I have never been able to get this close to birds before. Most of my shots are at less than 300mm and there are times when the birds are just too clsoe for either my 300mm or my 80-400mm lenses.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
Flew said:
Harry,

More just simply excellent shots. I can't wait to get together with you folks.
Thanks Frank. I can't wait for you to see this place. I heard a rumor that you like taking flight shots. You can shoot a few hundred a day at the rookery.

I'm gonna bring along some smeeling salts because we might have to revive you. :lol:
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
Leigh said:
That place is so great! Patrick and I had so much fun capturing the birds when we were there. I can't wait to go back and do it again.

Harry, your shots are really nice. I really love the 3rd one!
Hi Leigh,

Thanks. The hardest thing about shooting here is trying to pick out which bird to shoot. There are just so many choices available. :D
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
jkamphof said:
Wow, that is a sweet location, you must have a blast with that close by! Very nice shots!


Joel.
Hi Joel,

Thanks and that is one sweet spot to shoot. No loose gators running around, no fire ant hills to step in. It doesn't get much better.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
2,483
Location
South Florida
HarryB said:
Flew said:
Harry,

More just simply excellent shots. I can't wait to get together with you folks.
Thanks Frank. I can't wait for you to see this place. I heard a rumor that you like taking flight shots. You can shoot a few hundred a day at the rookery.

I'm gonna bring along some smeeling salts because we might have to revive you. :lol:
You'll need a defibrillator for Frank at this place. 8)
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Location
Viera, Florida
Bob the Spiderman said:
Sorry to ask what may be a silly question, but why do you call it a ROOKERY?

We have a Rookery in our grounds and they are damn great black birds of the CORVID family and as far removed from this bird as you can get.

BW. Bob F.
Hey Bob,

A rookery is merely a place where birds and/or animals go to nest and/or breed
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom