A Few More from the SC Coast

Just a few random shots from our winter sojourn down south. Didn't shoot much this winter.

1) Ospreys somehow elude me for the most part. Here's a rare shot of one that I managed that wasn't straight up or in a tree.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) RWBB showing his stuff. Pulling more feather detail out of that black was beyond my abilities. Processed through DXO and On1.

3) And just posing. Got a bit more detail in this one. Straight out of LR.

4) Different bird, different spot. Some light makes a big difference. Straight out of LR.

5) And another sanderling up close at first light.

I like the way you caught the osprey along with the bubbles in the surf. RWBB are always nice to see - a sign of spring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the way you caught the osprey along with the bubbles in the surf. RWBB are always nice to see - a sign of spring.
Thanks, Allan. Yeah bubbles make sanderling shots. No RWBB in Alaska so I enjoy shooting them when I get the opportunity.
You captured some awesome light and super subject Dan, very well done.
Thanks, Louie. There's no substitute for good lighting. Like in the PNW we get so much overcast shooting that we have to make do.
Sweet! love the image of the Sanderling and those bubbles.
Thanks, John. I love shooting those little guys. They're fairly common but a challenge to get a decent image of them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom