A few more from the zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Taken at the Philly Zoo yesterday, spent about an hour and half
    there after work yesterday afternoon. All shot with the D2X and the
    200-400VR on a monopod
    Gorilla
    [​IMG]
    Gorilla
    [​IMG]
    Prairie Dog
    [​IMG]
    Wild Dog
    [​IMG]
    Bald Eagle
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    More excellent shots Mike. I like them all. Looks like you had a very productive visit. :smile:

3. Great shots, as usual, Mike! My favorite is the 2nd Gorilla shot. Cool!!

4. thanks Frank not a bad way to spend a hour or two

5. Kevin
    Thanks I was just told by the Art Director that they have chosen the Gorilla shot for some use in publications this month, along with a bunch of other shots for use in print ads in the future

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Your usual , quality stuff.

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice Mike. I usually am not fond of zoo shots but these were excellent.

8. Your gorilla shots are truly amazing. When I saw your new avatar I thought RR was visiting. You have done a great job with these zoo shots Mike and should be very pleased with them.

9. Mike,

I like the gorilla shots. Was in Wichita and the only gorilla shots I could get
    were through some glass.

Yours are great.

Ray

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Those are really great shots, almost 3D. Stunning.

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots, especially the second gorilla shot. You did a good job of removing any hints of the surrounding zoo exhibits from the compositions which makes these look much more natural.

12. Thanks so much I apprecaite the comments and taking the time to view

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Killer good shots, Mike

Love emm all, but what's going on with the Eagle shot? Looks to have some mysterious soft spots on it, like on the leg feathers and the wings' edges. :Unsure:

14. Wow! Some more excellent images. That gorilla shot, also your new avatar, is excellent: no wonder they picked it up for publication. Kudos on another great post! I guess you are really happy with the X and the big gun, huh? :wink: :biggrin:

15. Great shots, Mike. Love the compositions, DOF and expressions you have here.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

16. Thank you sir

17. Thanks so much Harry I try to make them look as natural as possible

18. Thanks Gordon, I trimmed my hair up for that avatar, I so enjoy shooting at the zoo

19. Ray
    Thanks they have a great open area for viewign the gorillas these are new to the zoo so there time outside is sort of minimal till they get used to their surroundings

20. Steve
    thanks the Eagle was taken through the fence and I have seen this before where it causes some areas to be oof or just look a little different. The zoo wants me to shoot these and might let me inside the cage to do it that would be cool... I think