A few more from the zoo

Taken at the Philly Zoo yesterday, spent about an hour and half
there after work yesterday afternoon. All shot with the D2X and the
200-400VR on a monopod
Gorilla
Img2685.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gorilla
Img2681.jpg

Prairie Dog
Img2704.jpg

Wild Dog
Img2833.jpg

Bald Eagle
Img2852.jpg

More excellent shots Mike. I like them all. Looks like you had a very productive visit. :smile:

Kevin Scott said:
Great shots, as usual, Mike! My favorite is the 2nd Gorilla shot. Cool!!
Kevin
Thanks I was just told by the Art Director that they have chosen the Gorilla shot for some use in publications this month, along with a bunch of other shots for use in print ads in the future

Your gorilla shots are truly amazing. When I saw your new avatar I thought RR was visiting. You have done a great job with these zoo shots Mike and should be very pleased with them.

Mike,

I like the gorilla shots. Was in Wichita and the only gorilla shots I could get
were through some glass.

Yours are great.

Ray

Nice shots, especially the second gorilla shot. You did a good job of removing any hints of the surrounding zoo exhibits from the compositions which makes these look much more natural.

Killer good shots, Mike

Love emm all, but what's going on with the Eagle shot? Looks to have some mysterious soft spots on it, like on the leg feathers and the wings' edges. :Unsure:

Wow! Some more excellent images. That gorilla shot, also your new avatar, is excellent: no wonder they picked it up for publication. Kudos on another great post! I guess you are really happy with the X and the big gun, huh? :wink: :biggrin:

greyflash said:
Your gorilla shots are truly amazing. When I saw your new avatar I thought RR was visiting. You have done a great job with these zoo shots Mike and should be very pleased with them.
Thanks Gordon, I trimmed my hair up for that avatar, I so enjoy shooting at the zoo

Crayaco said:
Mike,

I like the gorilla shots. Was in Wichita and the only gorilla shots I could get
were through some glass.

Yours are great.

Ray
Ray
Thanks they have a great open area for viewign the gorillas these are new to the zoo so there time outside is sort of minimal till they get used to their surroundings

Steve S said:
Love emm all, but what's going on with the Eagle shot? Looks to have some mysterious soft spots on it, like on the leg feathers and the wings' edges. :Unsure:
Steve
thanks the Eagle was taken through the fence and I have seen this before where it causes some areas to be oof or just look a little different. The zoo wants me to shoot these and might let me inside the cage to do it that would be cool... I think

Latest threads

Top Bottom