A few more from this week

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Dec 3, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

figure in lichen
    [​IMG]

Reflection in the grass
    [​IMG]

Colors in rock (This one need to be crop or should be taken with a different angle, What do you think?)
    [​IMG]

2. My favorite is #1. The green really stands out.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Gilles,
    Sure hate to see a post go unanswered. Especially when asking for a critique.

I am not all that great at this photog stuff.

Have looked at these a few times.
    I seem to be have trouble finding a "subject"

I often wander around and see things I would like to share with others and not quite sure how to shoot it to be able to express what I saw. I will normally not shoot. We see so much wider than the camera is able to.

This is one of the things I seem to have trouble learning. How to tell the story.
    I am ok if it is one subject and not much surrounding it.

What is surrounding the subject to help tell what I wish to convey.

I think that is what happened with these images you have posted.

Tell me if I am way off base here.

Hope I helped in some little way.

4. Hi Gilles
    I like the reflection in #3

5. Gale, the first picture has a kind of bovine head in the top of the black part above the white and green, the second one look like a polar bear cub, the third is just for the reflection, and the last should be crop so the color of the little stones stand out more the yellow rock head seem to be floating in the air.

6. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    :Shocked:

As opposed to the marijuana it would seem you are using to improve your way of seeing things!!

LOL some great descriptions of what you saw in them images :biggrin:

Gave me a real giggle thanks :)

7. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    P.S I think two looks like a white whippet ;)

8. Hi Gilles !
    Freeman Patterson is a great master - to me he is for sure. He has proposed a lot of work around the abstracts in nature but has insisted that every scene tells a story - a tension, a cycle, reciprocity. I can see this easily in no 1 for example : green moss, white one, and the rock. Like, it's three sates, sort of a transition going on - the gradient from vegetal to mineral. Starting from there, I would crop tighter, maybe one third for each of the three states. But that's just me, so in the end it would be my way and not yours of seeing thing. Thanks for sharing.

9. Christian, i like Freeman Patterson and Ernst Haas. Thank you for your advice on cropping the picture. I have been reprocessing a lot of pictures that I took during the last year.