A few more from Yellowstone

I need much more practice with the D70 to do this place justice, and I hope to be able to go back next summer to get another chance . . .

Fly fishing in the Yellowstone River:

46905406.original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As a chemist, these vents struck me not only as beautiful, but life-sustaining, since bacteria and algae can live on hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide in the absence of sunlight . . .

46580848.original.jpg

I believe that's a trout that surfaced . . .

46580873.original.jpg

This gentleman attracted quite a crowd and then plopped down in this sulfurous marsh . . .

46580829.original.jpg

Eric

Thanks, guys for having a look and commenting.

Gordon - for me, Yellowstone is the most naturally enticing place I've ever been.

Gale - The only ways in which it could have been better were 1) having more time to spend there and, 2) not having the Eastern entrance restricted to between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m so that I could have captured some scenes in morning and evening light . . .

biggstr6 - I can assure you that the Yellowstone River is more appealing than these shots make it out to be!

Beautiful views. We might make a trip up there in September for the first time. Thanks for mentioning the restriction on Eastern entrance. I didn't know that.

Roy

How long were you there?

Hoping to go next year in September and staying for 5-7 days - not exactly sure yet where I will go or what I will see but, I know I will be taking lots of pictures and maybe I will get at least a few nice shots. Should be fun none-the-less.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom