A few more from Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Aug 20, 2005.

1. I need much more practice with the D70 to do this place justice, and I hope to be able to go back next summer to get another chance . . .

Fly fishing in the Yellowstone River:

46905406.original.

As a chemist, these vents struck me not only as beautiful, but life-sustaining, since bacteria and algae can live on hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide in the absence of sunlight . . .

46580848.original.

I believe that's a trout that surfaced . . .

46580873.original.

This gentleman attracted quite a crowd and then plopped down in this sulfurous marsh . . .

46580829.original.

Eric

2. Looks like scenes from "A River Runs Through It." The colors on #2 and #3 are really nice. Isn't Yellowstone a beautiful place?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks great to me

How do you make it better ????

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Man that stream looks inviting. Beautiful Country.

5. Thanks, guys for having a look and commenting.

Gordon - for me, Yellowstone is the most naturally enticing place I've ever been.

Gale - The only ways in which it could have been better were 1) having more time to spend there and, 2) not having the Eastern entrance restricted to between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m so that I could have captured some scenes in morning and evening light . . .

biggstr6 - I can assure you that the Yellowstone River is more appealing than these shots make it out to be!

6. royk

royk

May 24, 2005
    Houston, TX/USA
    Beautiful views. We might make a trip up there in September for the first time. Thanks for mentioning the restriction on Eastern entrance. I didn't know that.

Roy

7. How long were you there?

Hoping to go next year in September and staying for 5-7 days - not exactly sure yet where I will go or what I will see but, I know I will be taking lots of pictures and maybe I will get at least a few nice shots. Should be fun none-the-less.

8. Beautiful shots. I will be going in early October after doing the Tetons. Your pictures are making it hard to wait.