A few more Gatorland shots

Sorry to keep posting more shots of Gatorland. But I've been trying to go back every weekend to continue practicing my B.I.F. techniques. I have to say, each time I go and try then begin to look at what I've got once I get home, I'm increasingly becoming happier. Trying to "find my groove" as it were.... :wink:

Anyway, these were with the 300 f4 AFS and Tamron 1.4x all handheld. They're all HSC mode and uncropped!!! It's tricky to keep these guys inside the inner rectangle of the viewfinder. But I see my keeper rate consistently getting higher.

Here's a little blue heron
0703FlyingTriMatted.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And a Cattle Egret
0703CEMatted.jpg

And a Great Egret
0703FlyingEgretMatte.jpg

And at the end of the day, even the birdies get tired and need a stretch! An Ibis...
0703IbisMatted.jpg

Thanks for looking....comments welcome, as always!

Great series of images, Kevin. I can't even say which one I like the most because they are equally beautiful. I think that you are too humble...you have definately found your groove. Keeping shooting and posting!

B

bfjr

Excellent series, each shot could stand on it's own.
Well done

Very well done Kevin. I agree that these are some of your best. Don't every apologize for posting beautiful birdie shots on the bird forum. That's what it's here for. I just wish that I was down there shooting with you. :wink:

Frank (the Fireman) - Thanks, that's nice of you to say. I'm not sure I'm in my groove yet. Any time I begin to think I'm getting there, I see Frank's (Flew's) birds and I realize how far I have yet to travel. It's kind of humbling, but I'm determined to get better. I'm a perfectionist, determined, and even a little competitive but hopefully it'll all lead me to being a great photog one day! :) Thanks for looking!

Ben & Gill - I appreciate your kind words. Thanks!

Keith-I've been seeing some Mountain postings and I'm jealous. To the point that I'm looking for some mountain area to sneak away for a weekend before Summer's up. Hope you can come for Merritt Island III. :)

Frank (the Flew) :) Thanks, boss! Told ya before, anytime you feel the urge to come down, please let me know. I could use another decoy (from the bird pooping, if you recall) ;) It happened again just not so bad this time.

Kevin,
You are developing a great style...Like it very much. Your backgrounds are great.

Flight shots are spot on. Excellet work.

Thanks Gale. I'm surprised at how far I've come in the short time I've had the D2X. Thanks to Frank's great tutelage! ;) Can't wait to get together again.

Glad you are posting more shots of Gatorland. Keep them coming. We tried to find that place when we were in the Orlando/Kissimee area, but failed. Thanks for sharing you images!!! :D :D :D :D

Thanks Gordon. Everytime I go out now and shoot manual, I thank Frank. It's still tricky when alternating between a white flying bird and a dark one but it can be done. Usually I'll concentrate on one then switch settings and concentrate on the others.

Hey Bryan! Oh, not to worry, I have enough I could post for a year (but I won't ;)). Sorry you missed out on Gatorland. If you were at SeaWorld, you were only about 5 miles away. Well, maybe next time. Or come down for Merritt III, I think Frank's interested in trying out Gatorland for a bit!

WOW, Kevin! Great shots! You are definitely getting into a groove with your flight shots. Nice that you have a place like Gatorland close by to practice!!

Thanks Don, Terri and Mike! Yes, Gatorland is a great place. Hope it can get included in Merritt Island III. I'm grateful to be able to go frequently and continue to hone my skills.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
How did i miss these for the last few days?

Great shots, sharp, you should be proud of the capture. I wish I have a flying egret shot like yours, wow.

Keep up the shots.

Wade

Thanks Russ and Wade. I was very happy with how these turned out. I believe the key is practice, the more I go out there to shoot, the better the pictures become. Must be a numbers game! ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom