A few more Kenya shots (large post)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DiverX, Oct 17, 2005.

1. A few more I resized today. Can't seem to shake off the jet lag yet! :(

First a few from Samburu;

D2x, 200-400VR Leopard;
    [​IMG]

D2x, 500mm AF-S Little Bee Eaters;
    [​IMG]

D2x, 500mm AF-S, x1.7, Martial Eagle;
    [​IMG]

A few from Masai Mara

D2x, 200-400VR
    [​IMG]

D2x, 28-70 f2.8 at 70mm...YES VERY CLOSE INDEED, she was less than
    2 feet from my face!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D2x, 70-200VR...one of TWO crossings we saw;
    [​IMG]

D2x, 70-200VR;
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    George!! These are so awesome that I don't think that I'll ever talk to you again. :biggrin:

I'll never get to go to Africa (my 78 year old mom just got back :rolleyes:), but seeing these pictures is almost as good. Wonderful shots. :wink:

3. These are absolutely marvelous. Looks like you really got your $$ worth out of this trip!

p.s. how did you get so close to the cheeta?

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    WOW, these are really incredible. That second cheetah shot is just amazing, can't believe you were so close. The last sunset shot is really beautiful as well.

5. Thanks guys! The Cheetah jumped up on the spare tire attached to the back of the Landcruiser we were in. I had my head out the top and went down for my 28-70, came back up and took 2 quick shots. I was a little nervous even though I knew she would not bother me....it was so close!!! :eek: :eek:

6. pcjr

pcjr

Sep 19, 2005
    California
    Wow :smile:

7. I'd love to go some day.

The crossing shot is great. Nice sense of scale and grandeur of the moment.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for sharing these with us George! I simply cannot pick a favorite, as they're all simply outstanding.
    Sooooo, with that said, where's the rest of the sequence of the Crock taking down the Wildebeast?

9. Hi George,

We were recently in Tanzania and Botswana for our first time in Africa. Like you, we had some close encounters with Leopards, Lions and Cheetahs. It is amazing how close to the vehicles they will come. Somehow they just don't pay much attention to the people.

Great photos!!
    Bob & Nan

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Absoutely superb. What else to say.

Thanks for sharing.

11. George, these shots are phenomenal!! It's hard to choose a favorite but I'm partial to the 1st shot--the leopard! Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing these. Looking forward to seeing more!

12. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Wow. These shots are awesome. All of them. That Cheetah looking right at you from a short distance and the picture isn't blurred at all.

13. Bwana George DeCamp...

Jambo! Habari?

I enjoyed SO much the nzuri photos you shared with us!

I have to admit -and I'm sure you will know what I'm talking about- that I feel the call from Africa very loud these days... I've been there three times but it is exactly 3 years since my last time...

I've missed all the chui, simba, tembo, nguruwe but most of all the magnificent kiboko!

I think I should be planning a nice trip at Okawango next June...

Asante sana for the nzuri photos.

Kwaheri.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  14. these are some of the nicest shots I have seen, way to go man!
    Dave

15. ................................................................................................................................................Wow!

Sorry was speechless for a moment! :wink:

You sure know how to get the best out of your (impressive) Gear!

Thanks for sharing!

16. Africa

Those are top quality photos, I'm sure they will find there way on to a wall some where. Thanks for sharing and please do post more. :smile:

17. Great shots...just great. Love them all.

18. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Just wonderful images of some outstanding animals/birds
    thanks so much for posting, I have always wanted to go and now more then ever !!!

19. I am with Frank. I most likely will never go but your pictures make it seem like I was there. These are so good, I am in awe. Nice job and thanks for sharing with us.

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    George, those are wonderful shots. I am so envious of you words fail me. It must have been a fantastic experience.