A few more of Melissa

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jun 11, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
  2. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    They're great, is that harsh enough?:smile:

3. I really like the first two! I don't care for the pose in the third one. The fourth is nice as well.

4. 1st, 2nd and 4th, three nice captures. The third one seems awkward to me. I think it is her left leg makes me feel that way. I like the lighting on these shots and also your processing. They seem natural. 1st and 4th are my fovorites.

5. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Paul. :smile:

Thanks for your input Anthony.

Thanks Gordon. I was not sure on that pose.

6. I think you should quit what your doing, and pass me all your clientèle :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great photos Fred, I love the smooth light and colors! :smile:

(you said harsh didntya? :wink:)

7. I like these a lot Fred, very nice!
    Melissa's arrangement / pose of the first one has tremendous potential for a more up-close portrait - very charming.

8. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    OMG don't you LOVE that campus? I used to shoot there when I was in high school all the time.

The second is my absolute favorite. It's a beautiful moment, great conversion, lovely lighting and use of the architectural environment.

Go find some more brownstone and those arches! to die for!

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Awesome Fred!!! I'm not really a fan of #1, but #'s 2-4 are awesome!!!!!

11. :biggrin::biggrin: Thought that was funny since #1 is my favorite. I really like this pic. :biggrin::biggrin:

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Panos. I wish I could quit what I really do for a living and focus on my passion which is photography.

Thanks Frits. I'll try that for sure.

I love to shoot on the campus. There are tons of little areas all over the place. I love the brownstones and arches.

Thanks Donamari :smile:

Thanks Paul. I will post more - still have 500 to look thru.

Thanks Keith!

Yea, I guess everybody has their preferences. I'm glad you guys like them. Thanks for your comments. :smile:

13. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Some really good shots here Fred. Melissa is certainly a lovely model.

I love the first two.

The leg in the third shot doesn't bother me at all, but I think its her arm that throws the shot off. Perhaps if that arm crossed the other arm or something. Regardless, there's still something about this shot that really draws me to it.

Still something about harshness of that ironwork that doesn't work for me with this model, but still its a very nice shot.

14. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Tom. I also like the 3rd image, but I like her look more than her pose. I'm going to try the iron gate shot in BW. I really appreciate your comments.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, I like #3 too. She has a very engaged look on her face. The tenuous balance of her foot on the heel gives the picture the sense that something is about to happen.

16. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Fred,

NICE!! The hat shots are neat in that you've gotten her face nicely lit without looking overly set up. I think the third one would be less unsettling if the DOF were more narrow, leaving your eye to enjoy her more . The fourth is just sultry. Beautiful model for some beautiful camera (and lighting) work!

Are there more???

Mike

17. #4 is crazy sexy... my pick.
    #3 is very intense.
    #2 isn't killing me.
    #1 is too snapsottish.
    I made that word up.

18. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Chris.

Thanks Mike. I agree on #3 - I may try to PP some narrow DOF into the shot. Yes, I'll be posting some more from the shoot. :smile:

Thanks Woody. I also love #4. Melissa was awesome - the most experienced model that I've worked with to date. She probably gave me 50 different poses and looks. I sure hope she likes my work because I'd LOVE to shoot her again.

Hmm.........snapsottish....nice word you got there! :smile:

BTW, I can't believe that I missed getting your 28-70. I'm so upset! :actions1: