A few more Panoramas of NYC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Oct 16, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I think my mind is lock in panorama mode. Some new images stitched with realviz stitcher 5 and post processed in photoshop CS.

Hamilton Park - nikkor 35-70 3 image panorama
    original.

Hamilton Park 2 - nikkor 35-70 4 image panorama
    original.

Port Imperial - nikkor 35-70 3 image panorama
    original.

Cloudy Nights - nikkor 70-200VR 4 image panorama
    original.

Cloudy Nights 2 - nikkor 70-200VR 4 image panorama
    original.

Regards

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Robert,
    I like the first one a lot. Technically, it's superb, as are all the others, but the first one draws you in and makes you want to study it. It also hints at the enormous scale of the city.

Mike

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Robert,

Your panoramas are just breathtaking. I hope to learn how to do this one day. Each and every one of them portray a different feeling for me. Technically supurb, but the scenery is just fabulous. Having never been to NYC your shots make me feel like I'm there.

Thank you for sharing such beauty.

4. Robert, I like #1 too. Maybe it's the scale and curve with the figures in the foreground taking you into the City beyond that I react to, but it just seems to work. Panos are challenging and I, for one, enjoy seeing your work. Keep 'em coming!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. The first one is beautiful. It is a great group of shots which works well as a pano. Nicely done!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robert they are all beautiful.

The first two looked like a beautiful day.

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi MikeZ, Patrick G. Bramlett, Beaucamera, Mitchell, Gale,

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I am realy enjoying playing around with these panoramas. Its like having a brand new camera and a super wideangle lens !

Regards

RFC

8. Hi Robert -

Yeah, I'd have to agree - these are excellent stitches, but the first one stands out for me . . . all the curves on left draw the eye in, and the fence on the right draws the eye back.

Excellent sharpness and composition (IMHO)!

Eric

9. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC

I also have tried working with panoramics, but my results arent as nice, could you give some advice or tips you have learned? Thanks
    Paul

10. RFCNIKON, These are great! Where's Hamilton Park? Is it in Jersey City? Like to check it out.

Thanks, Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Those panoramas are great. Isn't it The World Trade Center on Port Imperial?

12. Excellent....panoramas!
    The first one is a classic....should be a poster for tourism NY

Bohdan

13. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Excellent

I must tell you how much I like these panoramas. Fantastic job!

14. Nice shots...

I like the third one the most. The sky is gorgeous! They are great captures.

On the first one, it leaves me wanting for more to the right. I really like the Bridge picture as well.

Great job.

15. Great shots/stitches....like 'em all :smile:

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Astounding Robert, just astounding. You are the master of the stitch, each and every one of these is great, I especially love the one you entered in the contest.

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Chris101, MGlennn, Shadow, Strobel, Bohdan, Tojor, Catalyst, pPub101, Anthony747,

Thanks again for the kind comments.

pPub101, check out this forum site for general info on panoramas. It has helped me a lot. http://www.panoguide.com/

Anthony747, Hamilton Park is in weehawken. It is on the cliffs above the Port Imperial Ferry. It has some of the best views of the Manhattan skyline that I have seen. Here is the mapquest map. It is definitely worth a visit !
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...Hudson+Place&city=weehawken&state=nj&zipcode=

Tojor, Port Imperial is the location for the NY Waterways Ferry from Weehawken NJ to Midtown NY.

Regards

RFC

18. Thanks RFCNIKON! Which lens should I bring? Please see my sig below. Also, I noticed two pizza joints Weehawken Pizza and Pizza Villa have you tried any of these?

Thanks, Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005