A few more softball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Just a few more form my softball tournament All with the D2X and the 300 2.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Mike:>))

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I hate to repeat myself, but what else can I say..?

Outstanding images!! Just superb!

4. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Mike - these are the pro quality shots I can only hope for some day...

Very nice. I really enjoy looking at your photos.

Excellent work as always

5. faces & bokeh are superb

6. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

what he said !

7. of all the posters here there's something special about Mike's shots, a certain stillness and smoothness that I have never seen before....it's hard to describe it but i suspect u know what i mean....i blame him for me getting the sigma 300/2.8 and it will be his fault if the sigma results in me getting the nikon (i feel better having someone to blame) :smile:

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    No offense intended to any other shooter, but like the commercial states, I Wanna Be Like Mike! And there are others here whom I emulate as well.

9. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    No reason to post it again when Randy said it best...simply STUNNING!

10. WOW well thanks guys and gals you are all way to kind with each of you posting pictures of this quality and higher. Thanks again for all your kind words and support

11. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Agreed.

just yesterday, I was showing a couple co-workers his pics in his Phillies vs. Braves thread. it was fun to watch their jaws drop. just like mine, and ours, do here. :biggrin:

12. Urgh I sure need to get away from threads with these kind of pictures!

13. So good Mike! Love seeing your work..

14. I love the faces, hope you are selling or giving these to the parents.

15. SCRacer

SCRacer

Apr 12, 2006
    Iowa
    great shots.

This may be a weird question but do you stand inside the fence or do you have a set up to stand above the fence?

16. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    If you stand behind the fence, but within about 3-5 feet (obviously better to be right up on it) there is no chance of the fence having any impact with a big lens like a 300.

This is often preferably to standing inside of the fence, where they tend to get uppity about you getting in the way of the action.

17. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Tack sharp and stunning.

And ditto on the quote below.

18. I couldn't agree with this more. If you put Mike's photos up here anonomously, anyone would be able to gues the photographer. Is it the lens, the body, the photographer,or the PP? I suspect it is a combination of all of the above.

I have the same lens and body, Randy, but my pictures sure don't look like Mike's.:frown:

Superb photos, Mike. Any chance of having a sports shooting seminar in Cherry Hill, NJ for the rest of us hacks?

19. Beautiful photographs. I love the second one, which is a wonderful candid portrait. You can almost read what is going on in the girl’s mind when she is readying her bat to take the swing. As others have said, we can almost recognize your sports shots even if you post anonymously. And to requote Randy, there is something magical about them that one can’t quite put a finger on.

Ravi

20. For these girls I shot the pitcher and infielders warming up positioned about 10 feet to the right of the catcher!
    For older girls or boys I shoot through the backstop