A few more songbirds from Sunday

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Dec 9, 2005.

1. A few different varieties from my Sunday encounter all with he D2X and the 200-400VR 1.4 tele and the SB800 flash
    White Breasted Nuthatch
    [​IMG]
    Carolina Wren
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black Eyed Junco
    [​IMG]
    BC Chickadee
    [​IMG]
    Tufted Titmouse
    [​IMG]
    Male Downy Woodpecker
    [​IMG]
    Mourning Dove
    [​IMG]
    Tree Rat
    [​IMG]

2. I always enjoy these series. Songbirds are so beutiful and your ability to capture that is inspiring. Your first image you missed the / inside the brackets so it did not display properly.
    flying home today, wish me luck :^)

3. Thanks Dave I fixed the first tag, have a safe ride home stay away from Chicago, we are getting about 7 inches of snow here today

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Mike,
    What happened everybody miss this post.

Nice variety. Beautiful as usual. Doves are really special. I love thier color and seemingly gentle nature.

Like your little trouble maker toooo :>))

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Mike. I'm starting to take a few more yard bird / creature shots and I'm learning that it isn't easy to get everything just right. These are good examples for me to study. :smile:

6. i always know what to expect when I visit one of your threads and this one doesn't disappoint! Like Gale, I really like the dove shot. You capture them in a way that really showcases their beauty. Great job on all of these!!

7. Wondelful images Mike, the SB did a great fill-in job.

8. Your small bird pictures are always a treat and this one didn't disappoint. Very nice well lit and taken series of picture. Love the variety.

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Putstanding as usual Mike. On the squirrel shot, if you could refresh my memory, what's that white stuff he's sitting in? :eek: :biggrin:

10. Gale
    There are a ton of posts anymore hard to keep up with in just this forum without mentioning the other ones.
    I like you thinks doves are cool , yea the squirrels are a real PIA

11. Frank
    spend a few hours out there, and learn there habits it will make it easier. Thanks for the kind words

12. Kevin
    WOW thanks so much for the kind words, I like doves too and at some points in the morning I will have a dozen or so feeding

13. Panos
    Thanks the SB800 works so well on the D2X

14. Thanks Gordon I really enjoy taking these shots

15. Thanks Harry
    That white stuff is a large cocaine bust they had in my neighborhood boy these birds didnt stay still very long at all:biggrin: