A few more wedding shots

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Let me know what you guys think

Very nice. I like the last two best. The last one especially evokes a feeling of them being alone together. As someone new to photography I wanted to understand what made me feel that way about the last shot. I think maybe the generally darker look as if everyone has left and they have just stayed to continue to be together.
I would be very curious if you photoshopped out the light in the beam, the blue in the upper right and the small light beside the bride if it strengthed this feeling by isolating them even more.

Mike,

Here's my .02 worth (probably not worth that much).

#1. Too much negative space for me (especially above the heads). Much tighter composition to include only the two heads, hand, eyes. Great exposure and WB.

#2. Once again, too much negative space above their heads. Also, brides don't like "shiny" faces. Carrying around powder all day is impossible. So I would process her face to soften those shiny spots. DOF in this photo is way too much at f8. I would attempt to use a very narrow DOF to get rid of that hat rack as much as possible (or move them).

#3. Love it! Very good BW conversion. You held the shadows very nicely. Great pose.

#4. Love the shot. Don't like the sheets up on the windows at all. I might have tried to take the sheets down, and use ambient light with side shadows coming in from the window if that was possible.

#5. Best image in the bunch! However, too much negative space for me again. Would attempt to crop the composition (if possible) to something that only includes the candle centerpiece and the couple. That would also eliminate that blue thing up in the right hand corner.

Overall, very good. I'm sure the couple will love them. Exposure and WB were correctly accomplished. Particularly like the emotion that #5 communicates.

Critiques are so subjective. What's important to remember is, do you like them? And MOST important, does the couple like them? I'm sure they did.

Best Wishes,

Mike,

Here's my .02 worth (probably not worth that much).

#1. Too much negative space for me (especially above the heads). Much tighter composition to include only the two heads, hand, eyes. Great exposure and WB.

#2. Once again, too much negative space above their heads. Also, brides don't like "shiny" faces. Carrying around powder all day is impossible. So I would process her face to soften those shiny spots. DOF in this photo is way too much at f8. I would attempt to use a very narrow DOF to get rid of that hat rack as much as possible (or move them).

#3. Love it! Very good BW conversion. You held the shadows very nicely. Great pose.

#4. Love the shot. Don't like the sheets up on the windows at all. I might have tried to take the sheets down, and use ambient light with side shadows coming in from the window if that was possible.

#5. Best image in the bunch! However, too much negative space for me again. Would attempt to crop the composition (if possible) to something that only includes the candle centerpiece and the couple. That would also eliminate that blue thing up in the right hand corner.

Overall, very good. I'm sure the couple will love them. Exposure and WB were correctly accomplished. Particularly like the emotion that #5 communicates.

Critiques are so subjective. What's important to remember is, do you like them? And MOST important, does the couple like them? I'm sure they did.

Best Wishes,
They really liked them. Weddings are easier to do than most people think due to the couple's emotions being involved. They look less at the photo and remember more. Thanks for the critique. As far as the negative space in most of them, I do that out of habit becuase I blow a lot of them to 8x10 which cuts a lot of that out automatically. But I will try and change that in the future.

The f8 was mainly I forgot to change it over. :redface:

The white sheet in the background we had to put there (and was held up by some of the bridesmaids) due to the rest of the background being a lot of junk. Just trying to make the best of a bad place.

Thanks again for the comments.

Hey Mike, good shots. I really like what you did with that last shot.
Thank You

Fine Job on these Mike!
I especially liked the next to last..
Thanks

Very nice - I like the first and last best.
Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom