A Few More

Trying out the Z6 II with the Sigma 150mm OS macro. I also have the 180mm macro. That will be next to try! I just checked to be sure. The middle 2 shots were with the 300mm f/4 AF-S. I forgot I had taken it with me.

p4133992302-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p4133992203-5.jpg

p4133992191-5.jpg

p4133992128-5.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice

1. Common Blue Morpho (Morpho peleides)
2. Clipper (Parthenos sylvia)
3. Paper Kite (Idea leuconoe)
4. (don't know)
Thanks, Alex. I think that last one is what they call a Postman. I thinker's in the group called longwings - could be Heliconius melpomene.

Great set
My sig 150 won't AF w my z6
Thanks, Randy. When I had the Z6 my 150 OS wouldn't focus either. I contacted Sigma and they could update the firmware, so they said. Then I exchanged the Z6 for the Z6 II and it works fine, as does the 180mm macro. One of the lenses I traded for the Z6 was actually my original Sigma 150mm macro.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very nice set, Aaron! I'm really impressed with the sharpness you achieve while getting very good OOF backgrounds. Please post more! ;)

Very nice set, Aaron! I'm really impressed with the sharpness you achieve while getting very good OOF backgrounds. Please post more! ;)
Thanks again, Karen. The bright EVF helps "light up" the subject when deciding where to focus. I had good shots with my SLR systems. But, I think it's a bit easier with the mirrorless. Also, I have been getting better at using fill flash.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks again, Karen. The bright EVF helps "light up" the subject when deciding where to focus. I had good shots with my SLR systems. But, I think it's a bit easier with the mirrorless. Also, I have been getting better at using fill flash.
Fill flash? VERY well done as I didn't detect flash at all! LOL!

Fill flash? VERY well done as I didn't detect flash at all! LOL!
Nikon SB-700 with diffuser dome. This butterfly house is a dome so there is a pretty good deal of ambient sunlight. I play with flash exposure compensation to get things the way I like them. The Z6 II is very different in that with respect to the D750 or the D500. I have to dial back the flash with those bodies. I haven't had the same harshness so far with the new body. That could just be a result of my limited use thus far, though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom