A few more

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 17, 2007.

1. ast weekend I shot a Boys LAX tourny near Princeton with 9 othere photographers.
    It was a huge tournament with around 280 teams competing on about 26 fields as a whole the group of about 9 photographers took over 62,000 images in the two day event.
    These are all shot with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
  2. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow.....Hey Mike, I had asked this in the other thread, but not sure if you saw my question. Are these cropped much in post or are they composed as is?
  3. Frank, thanks most of these have very light crops to just frame the players a little better. I try to shoot as tight as possible to give Jon the ability to print as big as he wants
  4. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike, I did see that you answered my question....approximately 5% crop. Seeing your images is like going to sports action photography school. Thanks Mike.....for everything! :wink:
  5. sigh...very nice...sigh :biggrin: Super shots Mike!
  6. Mike! One word AWESOME!!
    It's really not fair that you get shots like this with GREAT expressions, GREAT uniforms, fantastic lighting, oh, and good talent to capture them all too. No wonder you were one of the nine, and probably the best too. Now I want to start shooting LAX too. Well done!
  7. niknd501

May 13, 2006
    MIke these are great as usual...I always look forward to new posts from you..
    Man I like those orange uniforms but I bet they were a struggle to meter in the sun..:biggrin:
  8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mike ..I agree with Frank...everytime you post some of your images, it's like an online sports photography clinic.

Wow! Just another great series.
  9. I agree. Very nice. Those lacrosse uniforms are pretty sweet as well!
  10. Beautiful as usual Mike. I learn something every time you post. Incredible that you can frame this closely and still get the action. More please . . .
  11. Thanks everyone for the kind words I really do appreciate it we have learnt so much from each other on this forum what a great place
  12. dabluedevil

dabluedevil Guest

Mike, are you going to be shooting Champ Camp in Baltimore?