A few new ones

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    This one's a touch backfocussed, and ya, I can see our shadows on the garage. Briefly tried to make it disappear, but gave up.
    original.

Headshot of Katie. Had problems getting the background evenly lit
    original.

I must warn you, the next one is very suggestive, so do not click on it at work, or if anyone is present that might be the least bit offended or shocked!
    Just wanted to try some different stuff for a change.
    Kim: entitled "Enraptured"
    http://upload.pbase.com/image/77437048/original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Samer

Samer

Sep 19, 2006
    Jupiter, FL
    All are very nice. Thanks for sharing Steve.

1) The reflections on the Corvette are cool. Not sure if I should put my attention on the girl or the vette... but that's a good thing ;-)

2) Great lighting, pose, and I don't mind the gradient in the background color

3) Interesting, provocative

3. The first one is pretty good. Nice light and very very attractive subject.

4. What vette? :cool:

All three are excellent IMO.

5. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Steve,

Great shots of a lovely model! Where do you guys find these beauties?

1 - I love the light you caught between the shirt strap and her chest. It really adds dimension to her. The BG shadows actually add to the compositional triangle w/o too much optical distraction, IMHO.

3 - I think it would evoke more if she had turned her head toward the camera, lots of hair under her face, either with eyes closed or narrowly looking at the camera. Still a great shot, maybe a little more face lighting. Beautiful skin texture!

Mike

6. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

I like the shots....

the first one is terrific...!

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Samer! The pic in the link required a lot of takes to get it right, as I was actually sitting on top of a 6 ft ladder, bumping my head on the 9 ft ceiling & overhead door track, so making lighting or any other adjustments took a lot of effort. It was only after making a certain suggestion for her posing, did I get the look I was going for. Besides that, I had to really work it in PS, as the original pose had her positioned horizontally in the frame. I had to increase the size of the canvas, rotate her CCW, then fill in the blank area with more rug!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks Mike. I have several shots with her looking at the camera, and this one is by far the best overall, imo. Gives a real voyeristic feel to it. I agree about needing a touch more light on her face too.

Thanks!

8. Getson

Getson

Oct 10, 2006
    Halifax, NS
    Is that your shadow on the garage door in the first shot? tsk tsk. :)

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice work as always Steve. I like all three.