A few new ones...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Long time no share. Here are a few from the past days in order to keep the forum busy :smile:

Web-MTLbus.

Web-MTL-Parc-1.

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ah, the busses! And the last one is an excellent faceless (self) portrait!

3. Busses are such a photogenic subject! I plan on doing a comprehensive "Bus" or "Metro" series soon!
    I find the self-portrait a cool shot because there is no PP involved. That was the light and the scanner probably enhanced the contrast quite a bit. I liked it that way so I just posted it without any PP. Looks like it was over-developed, though! Voyeur-intruder would be an appropriate title for this one :Wink:

4. All great. Especially the bus shot.

A few years ago I went through a phase where I rode the bus to work several times per week. Just trying to be more in touch with my fellow humanity.

And I kept thinking it would be a great place to grab some snaps, but I never got up the nerve. Only when I have a kid with me.

Here is one I liked from a street car in San Francisco.

Coming up on some time off and I've got 6 rolls to develop and will of course shoot 6 more.

5. Ed, I remember your pics from that Tramway. You showed them long time ago... They we're very nice!

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    These are great Ned, I do like the bus shot best I think =)

7. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    that bus shot is incredible... its almost like theres 5 different people that wouldn't be caught dead with eachother in any other setting

8. Quite frankly Ned I'm jealous! :biggrin:The stinking buses around here all have darkened windows which don't open. Your images are great but I especially like the juxtaposition of the main figures in the bus window. Good timing, no?

9. Me too :)

You couldn't say it better! Indeed, Busses and the Metro is a unique place where all kinds of people "meet".

Yes, the timing was good indeed. I was walking on the street and when I saw the scene I imediately jumped on the window and clicked. It seemed right at that precise instant.

You are jealous of the busses in my city? And you should be! There's an interesting fora in them, especially in the 80 and 55 lines, day and night! This is a long time dream project of mine... I hope to get it going soon.

10. I like that last one - leaving your "footprint" in a shot doesn't always work, but it certainly does here, great stuff Ned.